Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elf5735 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Well pump
    Today I had to repair a copper water pipe in my basement and had to shut off the well and water pump. I did so by unplugging the power cord from the pressure swithc to the wall outlet and then drained the system of water. Once my pressure switch dial read zero (0) I completed the repair (copper sweating, flux, solder, etc).

I plugged the power switch back into the 220 outlet and the dial continues to stay on zero which means there is no water pressure and NO WATER. How do I reset, or prime, the system to get water flowing again and a reading on the pressure gauge?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 13, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Hey Elf,

If your check valve was working we wouldn't be having this conversation. To prime your pump shut it down and look for a plug located on top of the impeller housing. Fill the impeller housing with water, replace the plug and turn on the pump. And have that check valve looked after. Tom
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Pump
    What type of pump is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sump pump [ 10 Answers ]

I recently bought a new house and was wondering if the sump pump draining into the main drain instead of on its own drain to outside the house is a problem? I have never had a sump pump before and was curious because we get a sewage smell inside our bathroom every once in awhile on the first floor...

Well pump problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a house with a well. And the well does not seem to function. Is there a way to diagonose the pump problem? I can see the voltage is applied to the pump. The pressure trigger is at the "on" position since the metal leads touch the base and I measured the voltage on the wires...

Well pump Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping someone can tell me if I can have my pump replaced that is a submerged one, with one that sits in the pump house. It is located 100 feet away from well itself. My subm. Pump has died and I don't have a clue on them at all. I have looked at another but it is not submergible. Can...

Well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My well water pump is not working. I think it lost it's prime because I tapped the tank and it sounds hollow. How do I prime the pump?

View more questions Search