Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yumos55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 07:16 PM
    How Do I Stop?
    I have a bad habit of picking my scabs >.> I bet most of you did or do, I need help to find out how not to, by leg has like 100 scars on it from picking them.
    LifePaparazzi Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Jan 28, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Yumos... wear tights or gloves... either one will help.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Actually, many do not pick at themselves. I do understand though. It's a habit. You have to decide that you want to quit. Put on bandaids or completely wrap your legs in bandaging. Find something else to do with your hands, anything useful. When you shower, remove the bandaging and do not pick. Then re-do the bandage until it heals. If you slip and do it? Quit again.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 05:21 PM
    simoneaugie is absoutely right, you got to want to quit and focus on actually avoiding these urges, it's just a bad habit, like any other, and like simoneaugie says, not everyone does it, to me it's gross and kind of hurts.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 05:26 PM
    I never did that but my Mother used to do that to my brothers and myself and we all hated it. Find something else to do with your hands. Think of the germs GERMS on that scab and how those icky germs get under your fingernails and fester there. Put the two together to get a visual guaranteed to make you sick when you reach for that scab.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 06:57 PM
    This site may have some answers -- really hope this helps

RE:RE: Compulsive scab picking - Child Behavior - MedHelp
    vtram7 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2008, 01:15 PM
    You really need to think of the germs, and with MRSA and the staph infections going around it is necessary to stop. You could cause a very bad infection! Hang in there! Have you talked with your doctor about this?
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Feb 9, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Do you pick the scabs because you enjoy the feeling of picking it? Or because it's just there and you've always done it? If it's the 1st, you enjoy the feeling of picking something off your skin, try letting wax run on your arm/leg from a height so it doesn't really hurt, let it dry and then pick it off. I have a friend who does this to avoid picking her scabs, it fulfils her need to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't stop having sex.And I want to stop. [ 53 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :( :( I hate myself so much. I feel so guilty... So trashy... Like a whore... I can't stop having sex with my boyfriend. We want to stop... But we arnt making any progress... I feel horrible... AND

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How to tell him STOP! [ 11 Answers ]

If u really like a guy and they try to make move on u And u may lik eit but it startes getting out of hand and U tell him to stop and he gets mad how do u make him feel Better

When to stop trying? [ 59 Answers ]

For the last 3 years, I've been going out with a wonderful girl. We clicked the first night we met, and we very quickly got into a passionate relationship. She was my first longterm relationship, and the first girl I truly loved. I wasn't her first longterm (she had a 2-year one in high school),...

When will it stop? [ 1 Answers ]

Since August of last year, my fiancé and I have had the worst luck in the world. The day we move into our place, we were so excited, then when driving, I blew the turbo in my car. Then after I get a bladder infection (I hate using public restrooms and always held it, so nobody do what I do!)...

View more questions Search