Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elmo5793 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 06:56 PM
    My ancestry.
    I've been told I am a direct descendant of Christopher Jones, captain of the Mayflower. If I can trace this and prove this to be true, then I am eligible for a scholarship. Otherwise, I cannot afford college. Im only a freshman in high school right now, but I need to be prepared for my future. My Grandfather's name is Arthur Hansen and he lives in New Hampshire. Is it possible to use his name and somehow trace my ancestry?

Please Help Me!
    -Megan
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Jan 28, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Tracing your ancestry takes a lot of effort and time.

The first thing you want to do is to interview all of your relatives. Write down everything they can tell you before that information is gone.

Good sources of further information and verification could be the county clerk in the county where one of ancestors was born, married or died. Libraries and the LDS Church are other good places to find information.

To get suggestions and advice, try a local genealogy club and (again) the Family History Center at the LDS Church.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Mayflower And Early Families

And there are many socieities that have traced most of the families of the Mayflower

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ancestry of Bartges [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody know the family ancestry of the last name Bartges from West Virginia and Pennsylvania? I'm stuck and I need help

View more questions Search