Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mari19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Pregnancy Is Hard
    I got the depo shot almost a year ago my fiancé already has a child so I know he's not the problem is it me? I'm going crazy! I want a baby so bad what should I do? Please help me
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Jan 28, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Ok first, how long have you been on Depo? Second, did your doctor warned you that sometimes it will take up to nine months to conceive after you stop taking it. In some cases it can take up to twelve months. I know I've been on it. Tell me more.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jan 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I really wish more doctors would actually inform people of the difficulties getting pregnant after Depo. My dr informed me that I should be on a different form of because for a year after stopping depo, then nothing at all for at least 3 months before trying to get pregnant. I took her advice and still did not conceive until I'd been off Depo for 15 months. For some women it can take 18 months or longer. It can take a healthy couple who have not used Depo 12 months or longer to get pregnant. Stopping Depo and restarting highly reduces your chances of getting pregnant. Though on the flip side, some women get pregnant immediately after taking Depo, some while still on it. Get all the facts from your doctor. Don't stress about getting pregnant, especially after being on such a strong form of birth control. All you can really do is talk to your doctor and see if there is any kind of testing they can do, though many won't do any unless you have been trying for over a year or are over the age of 35.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Oh man, I hate that stupid shot with a passion. I agree, Doctors just don't tell you enough when it comes to birth control, and side effects etc. my doctors told me it wouldn't be a problem, that it could take up to 18 months, but that was rare and only if you were on it for several years, and the bone density loss wouldn't be an issue until I had been on the shot for two year, and at that point I would only need to take some calcium supplements. Also, that I wouldn't have a period. Well, turns out it took me 18 months to get pregnant. I had a ton of terrible symptoms while on it, lost half an inch on my height, a full shoe size, and a constant heavy period. I was lucky if I stopped bleeding for a week at a time. Depending on how long you were on the shot, how your body reacted to it, etc, it could take 18 months or longer for it to leave your system. I would definitely suggest using another form of birth control until it is at least 6-9 months after getting off the shot. This will help to ensure that most of the because gets out of your system before you get pregnant again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could this be pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 9 months my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. I have averaged out my period to be 27 days. I have been right on or start a little before for the past 4 months. For the past 2-3 days I have been getting headaches and dizzy. Two days ago it got so bad that I had to lie...

Pregnancy symptoms [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I recently started to try and have a baby we had sex during my ovulation period and I took a pregnancy test Friday Nov 2 at the doc but I still have the symptoms sore nipples, excessive eating, frequent urinating, mood swings, tiredness,headaches and stomach cramps naseased and then I took a...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

How long do u have to wait to take blood test??

Pregnancy [ 12 Answers ]

Taking a test 11 days before your period is that too early? Because I took it and it told me I am pregnant can that be correct? Or can that be faluse because its too early to test

Pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

I'm unsure if I'm pregnant and don't want to get a home test or visit a doctor, but if its something I have to do then I will, is there anything you can suggest for me to try at home? And I have no tenderness of brest or any of the noraml symptoms, and I have a irregual cycle as it is, but there is...

View more questions Search