Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmtu06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Not renewing tenants lease
    I sent the tenant of my condo notice of my intent not to renew her lease last week - the lease ends in Oct 08 giving her the option of moving before Oct. by providing 30 days written notice and paying only rent for the last month she occupies the unit.

She responded with 30 days notice stating that she would vacate the unit by February 29.

Since she provided this date, can I hold her to this even though the least does not terminate until Oct 1 08?

Can I requires that keys be delivered to me by no later than 5 p.m. on the last day she occupies unit?

Please advise.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Yes and yes. You informed her that the lease would not be renewed and gave her the option of breaking the lease by vacating earlier provided she give you 30 days notice. She has given you that notice and given a vacate date. I would schedule a walk through with her for that date (or an earlier one) where she will turn over the keys.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 01:23 PM
    She complied with your instructions. Just make arrangements for the post tenancy walk through of the unit and get your keys back then. I would change the locks anyway even it I got the keys back as you have no idea who else could have a key to this unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenants right regarding end of lease. [ 2 Answers ]

The person that owns my condo is going to sell our unit on a short sale or go to foreclosure. When I asked him about this several months ago, he said that he was fine and would not go to foreclosure and that I could live here as long as I would like to because this is my home. My lease is up...

Tenants Rights with No lease [ 4 Answers ]

I am living with my boyfriend and have been since April of 2005. He was living in the apartment and never signed a lease. The landlord allowed him to do work on the apartment and some other properties he owned for deposit and first months rent. So a couple of months after moving in and we start...

Tenants lease is up on 31 [ 4 Answers ]

Tenants lease is over on the 31st and they are to vacate. Called this morning and asked could they stay an additional 7 days. Do I charge them, do I write up a weekly rental agreement, what do I do?

Is the automatically renewing lease enforceable in PA [ 1 Answers ]

:D I live in Allegheny county PA. I didn't receive a new lease when it expired in Oct. 2006. I thought the terms were now month to month w/60day written notice from both parties if not renewing. I requested new paperwork assuring I was allowed to remain in the premise. :eek: I was stunned when...

Non paying tenants with no lease [ 5 Answers ]

We have a tenant that hasn't paid rent since July. We used his security for August and half of September. In July we asked him to leave because we needed the apartment for our own needs. He has always been late month after month leaving us notes telling us why he will be late. We have been nice...

View more questions Search