Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth10 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Crown problems
    I have got two rootcanals. One 4 weeks ago the other a couple months. Both were prepared four weeks ago and a temporary crowns were placed on. A week and half ago the permanent crown was placed on one side the other side did not fit. Now I have a problem with the bite I can't get my teeth aligned it was shaven twice by the dentist. It alo still itches. Can this be fixed ? I have jaw pain and headaches because of this. Feel like I ''m biting on a little rock.:(
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 13, 2006, 02:32 PM
    No Problem
    This is a problem that can be fixed easy, if you have a good dentist then there should be no problem with them getting this matter sorted ! I would allow your current dentist one more try at fixing the problem for you, and if he fails I would seek another dentist for a second look.

When your crowns where fitted did the dentist shave the tooth before they fitted, also did they use sand paper kind of things once it was fixed in place to make sure your crown was fitted OK and also get red of any xs stuff left from fitting... I would also check that he didn't get drill happy and shave away too much.

Hope you get your bite back soon;)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 14, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Beth, in some practices if a patient does not like something the dentist will re-do it until they are satisfied. Perhaps you should asked to re-do it to your specific requirements as long as they do not violate basic and sound biologic principles. If your unhappy with the crowns consult with your dentist and have them modify it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2006, 05:38 AM
    Crowns
    Hi,
    At 63 yrs old, with many, many years of "bad" teeth, I can't tell you how many times I have been to a dentist!
    As others said, please give your dentist one last chance to fix it.
    If he/she can't, then please go to a another dentist, one that is recommended by others near you.
    It CAN be fixed, but the dentist has to know "what they are doing"!
    You do not want to be "stuck" with a bite problem, cause the teeth will shift, giving even more problems later.
    I do wish you the best, and hang in there... it can be fixed.
    TechDummy Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jan 14, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Beth10
    I believe that your problem is still not having the "occlusion" properly adjusted... Many times while "numb" you will not Bite
    As you do normally. The best time to adjust the "bite" is while you have normal feeling... With a new addition to your teeth, the bite should feel the same as before... If not,please tell your dentist if that is not the case...

Jan 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Just let you know my dentist fixed the bite problem it is much better. My teeth is still sensative to cold, it also feels a little sore and ithcy after I eat. How long does this take to go away it has been about four weeks now.
    TechDummy Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2006, 06:07 PM
    Beth10... Crown Problems
    I'm glad to here that your problem has improved... After 37 years of practice. I have found that the "Itch feeling" is a very common complaint after treatment. It sounds as if your dentist has addressed the "Big" problem"..Now give everything a time to "rest and recover"... :)

Jan 25, 2006, 05:07 PM
    More on crowns
    Once the denetist shave it to fit can you ever get back the smooth feeling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with gums after crown placement [ 32 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this question: I am currently undergoing a crown placement. About 10 days after the temporary crown was fitted, my gums became very inflamed and sore. I went back to the dentist and he took the temp off, cleaned the area (again) to verify that there...

Crown molding [ 3 Answers ]

Question 1 What type of nails do I use for the real wood crown molding? Question 2 How do I measure the angle, in degrees, of my ceiling? It is something other than 90 or 45? I was hoping to use something simpler than Trig functions.

Crown molding [ 6 Answers ]

I need help to cope a inside 45 on crown molding

Crown problems-i miss potato chips! [ 3 Answers ]

I had a tooth prepared for a crown one month ago without a root canal. The temporary crown was painful when biting and very sensitive to hot, cold , and sweet. I saw my dentist twice after the temp was placed and she checked the bite and took another x-ray. She said there was not problem except...

Infection while getting crown [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is in middle of getting a crown fitted. Last week he felt ill and now after he came down with a high fever we found that his gums/tongue/mouth is infected. Is this normal? Can this be caused by the hygiene of the dentist. The dentist claims -- trust him -- and take the antibiotic...

View more questions Search