Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1108pers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Toilet won't fill with water
    Is there an easy fix for this problem, or do I need to call a plumber? My toilet won't fill with water.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Is it your tank that doesn't fill or your actual toilet bowl? The tank should fill to 1/2" short of over flowing at the white tube in the tank. If it doesn't adjust the float until you get that level. If the toilet bowl doesn't fill correctly check to see if your fill tube goes into the over flow tube correctly. Back to you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 28, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Tank or bowl? I'm going with tank. I'm putting up two images, which ballcock do you have? Back to you. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank will not fill with water [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, When flushing the toilet, the bowl is full with water but the tanks is empty. When releasing the lever to flush the toilet neither the water in the bowl is released or does the tank fill with water, can you please advise what is causing this and how I can fix this trouble bymyself. ...

Toilet will not fill up with water [ 1 Answers ]

One day the toilet just stopped filling. I've adjusted the water valve right below the toilet but it has not changed any thing. I'm in an apartment style condo so I can't follow the pipes below me. The toilet has always been slow to fill up. Any suggestions?

Toilet Tank will not fill with water [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet tank does not fill back up with water after I flush it. I turned off the valve, disconnected the hose, and turned the valve back on to see if there might be a clog, but there was none. Also, there is a trickling dripping noise coming from inside the tank, but there is now water leaking...

Toilet bowl doesn't fill up with water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I just bought a house and have so much to learn. When I flush the toilet, sometimes the tank doesn't fill up with water and sometimes it does. It seems to happen every other flush. Can anyone help me to determine which part I need to buy? Thank you, Amy

Low water pressure and toilet won't fill. [ 2 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to a problem and I'm hoping to be able to fix it myself. Any help is greatly appreciated. The toilet on the main floor of my house will not refill. I double checked that the water to the toilet is turned on. We have also discovered that the water pressure through the...

View more questions Search