Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terrysiau Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 05:50 AM
    AS level biology planning exercise
    Hi
    I have a homework assignment for biology; a planning exercise, the title is:

You are required to plan an investigation to compare the ffects of two different types of training regime on improvement in aerobic fitness.

Could someone please give me a brief backbone to this, as I have to write 500-1000 words. Some idea would be really helpful too.

Thanks!
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Right for a plan you need a hypothesis i.e. there are more black moths than white moths. Usually some sort of justification for you hypotheses- the bark on the trees is dark so the black moths will be better camouflaged and have a competitive advantage.
    Then a means of testing this:- I will count the amount of moths of certain colour in one set area x many times and take the average.

For fitness the method description should take a while, try and justify why you are going to do things. I will repeat the test three times in order to identify anomalous results/obtain and average/ prove reliability.

My moth example is a bit simple but go into how you will determine fitness in an individual (resting heart rate?)

Describe how you think the fitness test will improve fitness and what makes you think one will be better than the other and why.

Basically never make an unqualified statement, even say things that appear obvious. Try and tie in things from your course- if you have been studying the heart talk about that etc.

This seemed to me what they were looking for when I did my A levels, as long as you back up what you say with some scientific reasoning they are happy. Good luck 500-1000 word isn't that much you'll fill it up easily. Remember in scientific writing it is better to be concise and under the word count that to waffle- it shows a lack of clarity.

Oh and a final tip don't answer people's biology questions instead of writing your report...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estate Planning [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any downside to adding our children to our certificate of deposit, savings accounts or checking accounts. The accounts are held jointly by myself and my husband. If we should die together, can our children withdraw the money at their descretion without death taxes or any other charges or...

Planning organization [ 2 Answers ]

Select an organization that you have worked for or one that you are familiar with and locate the goals the organization has set. Many times this information can be found on the company's website. Search the Library as well as the internet and research goal setting. Compare what information you...

Marketing planning [ 4 Answers ]

Marketing planning in fashion designing?

Profit Planning [ 1 Answers ]

What is Trend Forecasting? Is there any formula or method to project future sales on basis of given set of data? Data is given in the file attached.636

View more questions Search