Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nohbody Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Pipe fliter MacGyver
    I recently purchased a very old German pipe for smoking purposes. Unfortunately, the stem cannot accommodate a modern charcoal filter. I was wondering if it is possible for me to take the filter from an average cigarette and use that as a temporary pipe filter. If so, how efficient would it be at filtering out Nicotine and Tar?

Thank you for your input :p
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 30, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Might work but might get glued stuck, is the pipe glass or wood or metal or pottery?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Don't recommend doing this. Try smoking it without the filter. Just keep the stem clean of any tar build up. Clean after each use is best. You can also use a pipe screen but that will have to be changed after each use also.
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Feb 1, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Screens only prevent you from sucking in the ash and hotness. Regular use of pipe cleaner will keep your piece in the best working order

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teflon or Pipe Dope for 1 1/4" Water Pipe [ 7 Answers ]

I am building a project that uses several joints of 1 1/4 " galvanized pipe, including elbows and Tee's. The unit will be plumbed into my 50 psi water system. What is the best way to seal the pipe joints? I have assembled the unit and tested using teflon pipe dope and had several leaks.

Hot water pipe touching fire sprinker pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I discovered why the water pressure in my fire prinkler system kept rising. It's because the hot water pipe is right up against the sprinkler pipe causing it to heat which then increases the pressure. Now can I wrap the pipe with insulation. Would this be a good fix? If so, should I wrap the hot...

Replace Lead Pipe from Toilet to Hubless Waste Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

My house is a craftsman style house from 1912 in Oakland, California. I have a big hole in a 24" horizontal lead pipe that bends at 90 degrees and connects the only toilet in the house to the hubless waste pipe. How do I go about removing the lead pipe? (What tools do I need and what type of...

Soil Stack Vent Pipe/Stench Pipe ( Smelly Drains ) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs toilet and upstairs toilet ,one above the other.. The soil/stench pipe connects upwards to above the Roof heaves and downward into the sewer... Coupled into the sewer also is a Gully trap drain to take sink and bath / shower wastes and from time to time , from that drain gully...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search