Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UrbanDweller Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Becoming a Passenger Airline Pilot
    What skills does this field take? I've been researching my butt off but can't seem to find any information on these questions.
    On average, how many days per week does a pilot work?

It's obviously a traveling career, but do you actually have the opportunity to explore the city you're in?

What is the average annual salary for pilots working for a major airline, such as Continental Airlines, US Airways, Southwest Airlines, etc.

Thanks.

My career field so far is leaning towards becoming a police officer. I'm already pretty much guaranteed a job in it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
    A airline pilot will require normally a college degree, and completion of a approved fight school, Also you will work for many years for regional and small airlines before you can get a job on a major airlline.

Normally many flights are turn arounds, you don't even leave the plane. If you are in another city, you are rushing to your motel to sleep to get ready for a trip tomorrow

Airline Pilot Salary, Career Information Pilot
    UrbanDweller Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Cool. Thanks! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know anyone who is dating or married to an airline pilot? [ 16 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend over a year. He is the greatest guy I have ever dated, but he is a pilot and is gone 4 days a week. Even though he calls me a lot and tries to make me feel comfortable with his job, I still find myself sad a lot when he is gone. I am 25, he is 30, and I don't know if...

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Airline imformation [ 4 Answers ]

Do the airlines have access to warrants where they can stop people from leaving the country? For example two mistimeaners and a burgulary charge.

View more questions Search