Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flamingo1234 Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Jan 27, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Mac keyboad + mouse
    I'm considering getting a Mac Mini. I'm not sure if I can use my DELL USB keyboad. Do I need to get a Mac Keyboad or not? I have a Microsoft USB mouse. Will that work with Mac Mini or not? I don't wan't to spend $100 on a keyboad and mouse by Mac.:confused:
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 29, 2008, 04:32 PM
    The Mac Mini was designed to be switcher-friendly. You should be able to use your keyboard, monitor, and mouse with no problems. Here's an article on a slight difference in keyboard layout you should be aware of.

It should work fine with any DVI or AVG monitor; it comes with an adapter for the latter.
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 06:04 PM
    I see that this in from January.

However, I'd carefully consider the benefits of the MacMini versus an iMac. The performance of the iMac is so much greater than a MacMini, that the little extra does truly give you so much more.

May 9, 2008, 05:50 AM
    True... but if you're on a budget and have limited income, the extra 500USD can be a big deal. And for a second computer it's not a bad option, if the performance limitations (e.g. second-rate graphics card) aren't a big concern.
    flamingo1234 Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

May 11, 2008, 10:03 AM
    I'm actually going to get a mackbook

May 11, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingo1234
    im actually gonna get a mackbook
    Good choice... I'm typing on one right now! :)

Vasily
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 05:02 AM
    I am a little biased towards the Macintosh. As a long time Macintosh user, ~20years, OS X10.5 is just fantastic. I manage a mixed OS network and computers.

This includes some of the latest and some of the oldest.
    DOS
    Windows 98
    Windows 2000
    Windows XP
    OS 9.2
    OS 10.3 Server
    OS 10.4 Server
    OS 10.5 Server
    OS 10.4
    OS 10.5

MacOS 10 just works. I spend very little time troubleshooting the Macintosh for 30 users. I do have to admit that the PCs have been running okay, but no one is allowed to change anything on the PCs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop Keyboad Typing Gibberish [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone please please help me... My laptop keyboard is typing the most gibberish I have ever seen. When I press the space bar I get the letter C typed on display.. When I type certain letters I either get a different letter and some in combinations such as VF---MN---BVF--- the...

Mac or Pc! [ 3 Answers ]

Im doing a projet on Pc vs Mac and I need to know the advantages of disadvantages of PC and mac

Installing mouse w/o a mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse went out on an old computer and I have tried installing new software using only keystrokes to no avail. Everything I try comes back to the same problem -- not having a mouse. I can't uninstall the old software w/o a mouse. I'm lost. Suggestions appreciated. Ed

ME-Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

I am runnig Me on my PC .but the Mouse does not work... Help.. What can I do

Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Folks, I would like some help on my iMac 366mhz I have mac os 9.0,9.1,9.2 and I recently bought mac os x and mac os 10.2 update and I bought it because I thought it would run faster but the problem is that all the games are for the mac os x and all the software e.g Microsoft Word, Toast...

View more questions Search