Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmanwarren Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Unfinished corian
    I want to buy a length of corian but want it to be unfinished.In its raw state so that I can finish it and not pay someone else to do it.Anyone have a clue what it runs for say a 5 foot length of this 30 inches wide.
    jamlove Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2006, 12:24 PM
    I tried
    I tried shopping for "raw" Corian, and they wouldn't sell it to me. I was told it was a factory REQUIREMENT that it be installed by a technician.

More power to you if you can find a source though! :)
    lmanwarren Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Yeah I will try looking some more.See a very good friend of mine when he was younger was a corian installer and knows it inside and out.He came up with the idea that we get it unfinished and the two of us finish it saving the exspense.I will forward anything I might find.
    almen Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Corian
    What are you using it for? If you tell them it is a window sill or something other than a top they may sell to you
    MikieButts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 06:02 AM
    I am a cerified solid surface(Corian,Gilbraltor,Fountainhead,Avonite,etc .. ) fabricator & installer.You can write to me & I help you through the process.If you take your time its not too difficult as long as you have the tooling needed.I just saw your question while looking up something so I had to register to answer back.Looks like a good site.Hope I can help.Where are you located?I am in Rockland County,NY

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to splice corian pieces together [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have several pieces of corian window sills , and I need some good info on spicing them together to make one long one , can I biscut join them? could I dowel them? any info would be appreciated , and will I have to refinish the top to hide the seams or splices?? I've worked consrtuction for...

Corian counters [ 3 Answers ]

What is the correct tool to use for cutting a corian counter, to keep a smooth edge? Thanks

Corian finishing [ 1 Answers ]

I have just sanded my corian counter tops after nine years use, and scratches came out nicely but it left a satin dull finish( I used 330 wet/dry) and some sander marks. Is there some polishing I need to do to the surface if so with what?

Corian Counter [ 2 Answers ]

What tool would you use to cut Corian? I have a piece from an old kitchen counter that I want to cut into a 20"x20" cutting board. It is about 3/4" thick and the longest cut I have to make is about 24". Thanks

Corian refinishing [ 0 Answers ]

My Corian countertops are scratched, and I wanted to refinish them. Any ideas? (By the way, just tried a palm sander with 400 grit paper on one, and was left with sander marks and dull finish) thanks for any help.

View more questions Search