Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkcarman Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 07:54 AM
    FSA Account and Termination of Employment
    I just recently started a new job and as of January 1, 2008, they funded a flexible spending account. I now want to terminate my employment. Can they get their money back out of my flexible spending account? I haven't used but $15.00 of it and they've deducted $43.00 from my 1/4/08 payroll check. If not, can they deduct the $1,000.00 they funded out of my final paycheck with the company. Someone has told me they can't do either and they will just lose that money. That doesn't sound right. Thanks for any help you can give.

Kay

Check out some similar questions!

Flexible Savings Account (FSA) for non-resident spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My wife is now on a OPT (Optional Practical Training) F1 Visa, and she want to open her Flexible Savings Account (FSA) to use for medical expenses (deductables, medicines,. ). I am here in the US because of her and also because I am doing all the applications to start my MBA next...

Termination of Employment by Email [ 15 Answers ]

Hello Yesterday, I received an email from my employer advising that my 'Contract of Employment' had been terminated. The payment cycle is 2 weeks in arrears and my pay for the last 2 weeks that I have worked should have been in the bank yesterday, however it wasn't. They owe me 2 weeks...

Termination of Employment by Email [ 3 Answers ]

Hello On the 28 May I received an email advising me that my employment had been terminated. My normal pay was scheduled to go into the bank on 28 th May (period 14th May - 25 May) and they deliberately stopped the pay going into my bank account. They also subsequently demanded the return of...

Termination of At Will Employment [ 3 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

Termination of At Will Employment [ 1 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.