Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makemeabird Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 01:44 AM
    After giving a 30 day notice is that roommate responsible for bills?
    Good Morning,
    My Best Friend/Roommate gave me her 30 day notice on Jan 3rd. Since then she has only been here once to pack her stuff. In the Meantime, I have received the bills that need to be paid for December and January. Isn't she responsible for her portion whether she is here or not? I need to know fast, she is moving out in 12 hours.
    Thank you oh so much.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 01:53 AM
    Is her name on the lease?

Jan 27, 2008, 02:04 AM
    Yes her name is on the lease.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 02:16 AM
    She has to pay, legally. Have the two of you talked about the bills? She hasn't been there to enjoy the heat, phone etc. Maybe you could make her a deal.

Jan 27, 2008, 02:22 AM
    We have somewhat talked about them. She said to take it out of her deposit, which is fine, but I am just worried she is going to fight it and we are going to lose our 10 year friendship. =[

Thank you so much for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving proper 30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

How do I give proper notice to a month to month tenant to vacate an apt in buffalo ny?

Sublettee Giving Notice [ 3 Answers ]

I have a sublet-tee who agreed to a 40 day notice on moving out. She also agreed to stay more than just the summer (I live at the beach in California). She moved in at the beginning of May. Now she is trying to leave with only 25 days notice. What can I hold her to? Does she need to pay for...

Roommate left his belongings and did not pay his share of bills and rent [ 1 Answers ]

Myself and one other person are on a written lease agreement. Our third roommate was on a verbal lease agreement. He stopped living at our residence almost 4 months ago and left all of his belongings. He will randomly state he wants his stuff back, and we say we want the $700+ he owes us. Can we...

Renter/Roommate/30-day Notice [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Huntington Beach, California. I have a roommate. I offered the room to him below market rates because he is a good friend. I introduced him to my friend. They are now dating. She is also at the house half the time, sleeping over and doing laundry. I need my privacy. I do not want him as a...

Help With Giving Roommate Bad Credit [ 2 Answers ]

While living with roommates, I was responsible for paying the power bill, even though the account was in another roommates name. I didn't pay the bill for a good portion of the year and it has finally shown up on my roommates credit. Is it possible to have the debt transferred to me, since it was...

View more questions Search