Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeans77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
    USB Device not recognized
    I have 2 laptops Toshiba : one is a PORTEGE 7200 and the other Tecra 8000. Both worked perfectly with a USB Wireless adapter Linksys WUSB54G on Windows 2000 until last week.

After I installed Windows XP professional, both stopped recognizing the USB wireless adapter. I have "USB Device not recognized " when I plug the network adapter no matter what driver I install. I updated the BIOS, installed SP2 and updated Toshiba utility but still get the same error.
    I have even tried to reinstall Win2000 but still have the same problem.
    It's some kind of Drivers missing on this Pentium II. Syslink says it's a laptop problem and Toshiba says it's a Syslink adapter problem.
    Does anyone have an idea or do you have a similar environment?
    I am desperate. Thanks for your help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2006, 07:21 PM
    Call Linksys. They have excellent 24/7 toll free support.
    Jeans77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2006, 02:43 PM
    I started with Linksys support before posting this thread. They stated it's computer related and dismissed the problem. Which I agree with because the same adapter is recognized on a different laptop (more recent).
    I called Toshiba support. They sent me back to Linksys...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ping not recognized as internal or external command [ 9 Answers ]

When running cmd C:\Documents and Settings\... \ping I get the following error 'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Please help me solve my problem Thanks

I/O device error [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Qosmio G15-AV501 laptop with a built in SD card reader. I can not copy files to the card. I get a I/O device error. Through control panel I have remove the device and reinstalled the device. Removed the driver and reinstalled the driver. Still does not work. Any suggestions?...

Drive Not Recognized in Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

!! PLEASE HELP ME!! Okay, I have been beating my head against the wall for two days now, and I have been without my system for a week, so I'd really appreciate the help. I built a system three days ago and everything was going perfectly had programs up and functioning great. I have two...

Printer not Recognized [ 7 Answers ]

I am very new to networking. I recently setup a Linksys Wireless network for 3 of the computers in my house. All computers are running XP Pro. I did not use the Windows Wireless Network setup wizard. I simply configured the router then use the provided software with the cards and enabled WEP. I...

USB Device [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Western Digital external 160 gig Hd drive connected to my PC through a USB2 port. I'm running WinXP Home. For over a year the drive's been working fine. Recently for some unknown reason, the drive no longer appears in Windows under MY COMPUTER nor it is listed in the Windows Explorer so I...

View more questions Search