Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Anorexia or just another phase?
    Okay yeah so basically my whole family thinks I'm anorexic, I mean its not like I stop eating or anything like that. I mean.. I feel guilty and all after eating a lot, and I try like every fad diet out there at 15, and it feels like all I think about is my weight. I also feel depressed all time, alone. There's seriously no one to talk to in my family. My mom passed when I was six and my dad has a girlfriend who he's spends every second with. So do you think that I need to go to therapy or something? Or is this just another one of those teenage phases.
    (Below are my "symptoms") <Measurements-- 5,5 130 pounds.>

-Feeling fat all the time
    - After eating too much I feel guilty
    - Trying every fad diet out there
    - Feeling depressed and alone
    -Have had thoughts about how it would be if I'm not.. here
    -Checking the amounts of fat,calories etc.. in each food that I eat and setting limits
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:01 PM
    What do you call eating too much?
    When you eat can you eat a full meal without feeling sick?
    Are you losing weight? Getting weak?
    Do you purposely skip meals?
    You definitely are not fat at 5'5" and 130
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Whatever feels too much for me I guess. If I eat more than I think I should I feel bad.
    Yeah I can eat a full meal without being sick
    I've lost 2 pounds. And I'm tired all the time
    If I try to skip meals my fam. Will notice and they'll force me to eat..
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Don't know if this will help you any

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy self-help counselling advice - Forward Counselling Advice Service
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:37 PM
    I'm not getting the impression that you're annorexic from what you're writing. But therapy might not be a bad idea anyway. It sounds like you're having some other problems and sometimes its just nice to have someone to talk to that you know you can trust and that can help you through things. A therapist might be able to help you with your depression and help you understand your eating habits better.
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55
    i'm not getting the impression that you're annorexic from what you're writing. but therapy might not be a bad idea anyways. it sounds like you're having some other problems and sometimes its just nice to have someone to talk to that you know you can trust and that can help you through things. a therapist might be able to help you with your depression and help you understand your eating habits better.

Have to spread the rep
    I don't think she IS either but if she is obsessed with weight and eating she could be on her way.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:54 PM
    That's true. But hopefullyif she gets help now she won't get to that point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between single phase and 3-phase motors [ 4 Answers ]

Difference between single phase and 3-phase motors

208 volt3 phase why to single phase 120 volt [ 4 Answers ]

Supply is from 75 kva transformer, 3 phase delta /y three wire feeding a 30 amp breaker. 100 feet down stream is a junction box that I want to tap and produce a 120 v single phase ( 20 amp CB) supply. The junction box feeds a 6 amp motor

Changing out 3-phase motor for single Phase [ 1 Answers ]

Besides matching the mounts & drives, are there wiring/switching issues changing out a 220-3phase for 220-S-Phase. I am interested in switching motors in a commercial diswasher.

Simulization with shorting 2 Phase of three phase systen [ 4 Answers ]

How I will be able to design a system which will not effect to our main supply of source when we short two phases of a three phase electrical system.any how is it possible to isolate mains supply with the system phase shorting effect.

How am I going to size my 3 phase X'mer with 1 phase load using current as reference [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Peping: I have 90 pieces of single phase loads with current of 2 Amperes. This will be loaded to a 3 phase transformer, Wye connected having a line to line voltage of 220 Volts. What will be the size of the transformer required for the mentioned loads? Many thanks, Peping

View more questions Search