Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hobbsa1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Phobia about pregnancy?
    Is there a phobia about childbirth?

If so I think I may have it... I've heard horror labor stories and stories about c-sections and what they have to do... I mean I really feel nauseous when people talk about it. I'm just deathly afraid of having kids one day! I'm only 21 and in the recent past always wanted kids, but for some reason after hearing all the stories from women I'm just very apprehensive and afraid now.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 06:23 PM
    I have a very low tolerance for pain but when you are pregnant it is like some adrenaline chemical or something in you changes and the last thing you are thinking about or feeling is the pain. I can't stand even getting my finger pricked for a blood test but when I was pregnant it never bothered me. My first daughter I had horrible pain with for three month.
    But after you are holding your baby the pain is nothing but a faded memory. I had three more after her. Also all the stories you hear about labor and c-sections, the outcome was a baby. Well worth it. You have to weigh what is important to you and what you want in life.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Jan 26, 2008, 10:05 PM
    You can work yourself into a real scare listening to others. Talk to only a few women who you know to be stable, common sense , experienced Moms. And your Doctor. Also, read as much as you can about it.
    Our bodies are made to give birth, if we are informed we aren't surprised by what the process is. Being less fearful makes it easier to handle I think, and I have been there four times. If you have a hard time, the meds are there for you. The Doctor is there for you, and especially the nurses are there for you.
    Every person handles pain differently, every childbrth is unique to the person giving birth,and to the size of the baby, position, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lizard phobia [ 3 Answers ]

I am scared very much with lizards.What is solution

Social phobia [ 6 Answers ]

After 20 years of living in depression, I'm up to my wits! I am beginning to deal with it although there is one major problem that perhaps my depression revolves around. I have a deep fear of speaking to people. Even people I know. My heart jumps and I freak out. I've always been like that. I know...

What's your phobia? [ 93 Answers ]

I thought this would be a fun idea- Supposedly all of these are real but if not its still fun ^.^ The Phobia List ^^were I got the list Here are some of mine Achluophobia- Fear of darkness. Acrophobia- Fear of heights. Agliophobia- Fear of pain. Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of...

Commitment phobia [ 5 Answers ]

hi, I and my guy have been together for 10 and a half years. we have parted several times for short durations but keep coming back to each other. we really love each other but we have recently realised that he is commitment phobic...how do we overcome this..he is willing to but we don't know what...

Commitment phobia? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was reading about how often the person in the relationship with this issue will come up with reasons as to why you shouldn't be together. However, they don't give you a reason. My boyfriend of almost two years did this my guess is because of two bad past...

View more questions Search