Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shle3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Spirit in house
    My grandmother has had a spirit in her house for a couple years now. At first it wasn't anything to be concerned with, she would have pots and pans clattering in the kitchen, or annoyances while reading and such. It has gotten to the point where she cannot stand to be alone in her house because it worries her. It's never hurt her just scares her. She can't sleep at night because her bed rocks and flows like it's a water bed, her phone rings at 2 or 3 in the morning and there is no one on the line and nothing pops up on her caller id. We thought that maybe it was her late ex husband which had died a month before all of this started but we are beginning to believe otherwise because he would not haunt her in the way this spirit has. She's also made comments about how its not just in her house, she feels that the spirit follows her wherever it is that she goes. My aunt lives in an apartment complex up the street from her and when my grandmother goes over there to babysit for her she says the spirit goes with her. I believe my grandmother and do not believe she's losing her mind. I myself have witnessed some of these things happen but not to the extremes that it has become. I'm asking that if any of you have any advice or know of any way possible to get rid of the spirit that you please let me know.
    rachel101 Posts: 77, Reputation: 19

Jan 26, 2008, 11:16 PM
    It could be her passed husband or could just be something that's attached itself to her. First of all she need not be scared. Being scared is how we are mostly hurt by spirits. I think your aunt, you and your grandmother ought to get together. Best time to do this is at 3:00 AM. Sit around a table. Heavily dim the lights. Hold hands and keep your hands on the table and then one of you ought to talk to it. Tell it that it is dead and it needs to go to the light. Tell it that it can't stay there and must move on. The following morning pour a circle of salt around the house and burn some sage in the house. When I cleanse my house by burning sage I walk around and the house and move the burning sage around the inside of all doors and windows while saying prayers of protection. This should do the trick but don't be scared. It could just be a someone that doesn't know they have passed on and they can't figure out why this strange person is in "their" house. Be kind and come from a place of love.
    Hope this helps.
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 30, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Spirit
    Spirits are beings of energy and of spiritual life forces, as are we, spirit living within our material bodies. The spirit or souls as some like to refer to, exist within the realms of spirit. I believe there are many different spirit realms of energy, each realm acting as a learning place for spirit. Yes, unfortunately for some, even when we depart this earthly realm of ours the learning continues but on a higher level.

As we become more open and aware within our lives of the energies around us our spirit friends draw closer. Spirit are around us 24/7 guiding us, inspiring us, loving us and comforting us, unfortunately a lot of people do not feel them. The energy they give and things they do get dismissed so frequently as “oh what was that”. That tickling you felt on your neck, the tapping on the door or that sweet aroma that came from nowhere, was that? No it was Spirit .

Some have bad energy in spirit just like on this plain( life) The best way to start is cleanse the home of all the unbalanced energy. ( including the spirits ). The best way I find is to start with crystals. Rose Quartz it has great ability to clean unbalanced energy. Tiger's eye is for protection and works great for mischievous spirits. I don't feel this one is bad as I will say for lack of a better word.
    Before you lay them around the home ( and bedroom ) Place them in a bowl of cold water and leave them there over night. This is to cleanse them of any energy that might be on them right now. Then spread them around in door ways too. You will have to cleans them often where they will take on a lot of energy. Start there if that does not work we will try trapping it in a crystal that is a lot more intense so lets see how this goes.
    Spirits will do almost anything to get our attention, all they are looking for is the recognition that we know they are there. As soon as we openly recognise them sometimes they will settle down. You see they are spirit and we are spirit. It makes sense to me that they should wish to continue to communicate now, just like they did when they were living on the earth plane.
    Message me if you need anymore help K

Becoming more spiritually aware will open up new doors for you; it will be a new pathway of life. Spirit will always be guiding and reassuring us, supporting us when we stumble and rejoicing when we shine.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Is your grandma a religious person? If so, maybe having her religious leader say prayers and bless the house might help. She can also do this herself.

Jan 30, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Comment on rachel101's post
    You have to be really careful of this practace. 3 is when they would be at there strongest too

Jan 30, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Comment on peggyhill's post
    Good idea. A blessing without knowlage of what you are doing can be tricky
    wonderingspirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Try this little trick,
    Light a couple of purple, lavender scented candles and burn white sage and sweet grass.
    Often I do house cleansing for friends and family I say a little poem as I go and it has never failed.

(you say this) White sage to calm, sweet grass to cleans,
    Hear my words my spiritual friends,
    I mean no harm to those who help,
    But to those who hinder,
    (owner says this part) shall leave me and my kin,
    (then you again) Those who scare get under my skin,
    (Owner) THIS is my home no place for you,
    I bid you leave and find peace all of you.
    (Both of you) Hear our words,
    SO MOTE IT BE!!

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my house occupied by a spirit/demon? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi guys, First of all I'd like to say that I'm new here and Hello. Second, I'm glad that I've found this sight on Paranormal Phenomena, we've had stuff going on in our house/apartment for a while now and my husband does not believe me. It's started happening a long time ago back when we first...

My house is haunted, can I know hw to get rid of the spirit [ 38 Answers ]

Hi, Mine is a joint family and we live in a duplex. The house which we live in is being haunted from many years.The spirit that dwells in my house marks its presence by noises, for example: sound of footsteps on the staircase, jingling of keys, banging on the window, knocking on door etc, all...

Can I contact the spirit in my house [ 6 Answers ]

I recently moved into a new home, from jump street my dog was unhappy, a normally happy go lucky mutt I attributed it to bratty behavior. Not the case... We introduced another pet a black kitten to the family a few weeks ago and the activity that we were once able to ignore and dismiss, flushing...

Is there a spirit following me [ 2 Answers ]

:) hello my name is charlene. Since I was a little girl I've always believed in afterlife. I've had three house's altogether and all have seemed to be haunted. Is there something telling me something eveynight I get chills down my back can anyone help me. I love ghost and spirits I am not scared...

Did I see a spirit? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé and I were chatting on the cam this morning. I was noticing the light through the outside window in his internet café and how it bounced around the room. He had to clean some in the café, so turned the cam around for me to watch what he was doing. Everything was normal until I saw...

View more questions Search