Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benita13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Comparison of Lenox systems to other systems
    I recently won a drawing for a free $9,000.00 heating and cooling system from Lennox. We thought is was free,but apparently, that did not include tha install price. We were given a range of 3500.00-4000.00 to complete the install? Is this the common rate for any installation ?

Thanks
    benita13
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Sounds like a rip off to me.

Now I will say it really depends upon what the install consists of but usually 9,000.00 is a lot of money for a system installed unless you have a huge house and all the duct work needs to be replaced.

Could be this was what is called a sucker drawing.
    Here is what they do to you.

The equipment costs them 1500.00 to 2000.00.
    They tell you it will cost 4000.00 to install
    They will make 2000.00 off you.
    So you really did not win anything.

I would call around and get two other complete estimates and compare them to the 9000.00 one (they are saying that the complete deal is worth 9000.00 that you won). Then you will know the whole story.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Area and Systems [ 3 Answers ]

FInd the area of the figure given on the coordinate plane (XOY) as a system of inequalities: x(x + y - sqrt2) < 0 x^2 + y^2 < 2

Systems [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have a huge algebra projcet due... and it is on Systems.. I have no idea what to do.. :confused: Here's what I have came up with for a question John Allen averages 16 points per game, his season consists of 8 weeks, 3 gfames per week Johns cousin Steve averages 12 points a game,his...

2 operating systems [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows 2000, then I installed xp and now have both os when I start up.How do I uninstall 2000? I've read some posts and am not clear on what u mean by formatting. I'm not very experience and need help. Thank you .

2 operating systems [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I installed XP pro rather than upgrading home. Now I have 2 OS on my PC. Obviously I'd like to simply be running pro and not home. I'd like to get all my settings from home to pro and get rid of home. Can I do this, or should I just uninstall pro and try and upgrade again. Thanks,...

View more questions Search