Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pcolamomof2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 10:23 AM
    How long did you wait?
    Hi all! My divorce was only final a year ago, but I was separated for 3 years before that... just out of curiosity.. if any of you have remarried, how long did you wait? Im considering getting married again, and I do uderstand that the time in between is different for everyone, Im just curious. Ive heard everything from 2 months to "never again!" LOL!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 10:32 AM
    Waiting
    This is a personal choice you will have to make. Me personally, its was over 2 years before I found someone. Your choice will have to be someone you care for and that the other will care for you. I live by the 50/50, it's a partnership and all must be flexible in making decisions. Just my thoughts.:)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 11:03 AM
    How long wait?
    Hi,
    Personally, I was divorced after 7 yrs of marriage, then remarried... been 28 yrs now, to a wonderful woman.
    It took me several months before I actually started "dating", after the initial separation, then took me a year to tell her I love her, then another year to get married again.
    Two years for me. (Actually, three years from the time I was separated). In VA, one has to wait a year before the divorce is final... or was at that time.
    Best of luck.
    cdh Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jan 12, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Just follow your heart and don't fight your feelings. I have lost someone because I fought mine. I won't fight them again unless that person is wrong for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low pressure, long wait for hot water [ 7 Answers ]

I just moved into a condo, and we have come across the following problem: The cold water in the shower comes out with steady, strong pressure. However, it takes a long wait to get hot water to come out, and, when it does, it only comes out at a trickle -- well, a little more than just a...

How long do I wait? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I was dating a girl for about 4 months. We knew each other from work. She had told me that she had a crush on me from the first day she met me. We are both 27. About 3 1/2 weeks ago she told me that she still cares a lot about me but she just can't do this right now. I excepted her...

Just friends... But how long to wait to contact? [ 8 Answers ]

I really need some advice... see I had started dating this guy. Wonderful sweet caring loyal guy, and within two weeks he started planing marriage in his head, where we will be in a year... and I panicked too quick for me. Not only that the relationship was suppose to be open, but it seemed closed...

How long should we wait? [ 2 Answers ]

OK here goes... me and my boyfriend have one child already but he is from my previous rship so he's mine but not his... he has been wanting one very badly.. we are planning to get married soon(within the next few months).. been together for a year and a half.. my son is turning a year old in...

View more questions Search