Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 27, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Flower, did he actually "ask her to sleep with him" or "ask her if she would sleep with him"? Notice the difference in verbage? If it was the latter, I would chalk it up to insecurity and needing to feel desirable. Unknown to most people, woman especially, men have the need to feel attractive too. Just how woman dress to go out with the girls, knowing damn well it is provocative, but no harm no foul. THe woman wants to feel hot, she wants to feel desired. COMPLETELY NORMAL! Especially in relationships where one partner is not as forthcomin with the compliments as they should be. BUt no matter how much you shower your mate with affection and "you look amazing" comments he/she will sometimes always want to know hat you aren't the only one and that he/she still "has it". My wife is this way. I tell her all the time she is hot, beautiful, cute, sexy, etc. but I understand that she still gets a kick or a rise out of a guy hitting on her at the bar, or a guy "eyef**king" her at the beach. It is just human nature. We are vain. We want to know we got it. So, if he asked in the latter terms, let it go. If it was the otherway, it is a whole different story. Hope I helped. Take care!
    flower81 Posts: 303, Reputation: 7

Jan 28, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Hey thanks wewed100606 - its was the latter one - if it was the first one I don't I would be sitting where I am now, as I see the difference in question.
    We had a chat and I know I over reacted but my husband said I had all the right to feel the way I did - its only human nature.

Talaniman also - there is no need to be sarcastic!
    I don't need counselling - I was upset and from everywhere on the post - they believed I had all the right to be!
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 28, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Flower, you definitely had the right to be defensive! However, being upset about something like that is natural, but really not a healthy reaction. If you get really upset like that it is stemming form your insecurity in the relationship somewhere else. Just know that things like that are surely going to happen throughout your married life, just natural reassurance. It doesn't mean that whichever of you does it would act on it, or even is thinking or fantasizing about it. It is just a self esteem boost! I hope this whole thing helped open up some good dialogue between you and your hubby! YOu got to be able to talk about these things openly without judgement... even laugh about them. I used to tell my wife to go hit on other guys at the bar who looked like they were having a rough night. Itmade me smile to see her getting some positive attention from someone else, and it also made me feel like a stud when she left with me at the end of the night when three other guys were trying ;-) Just make sure your love is strong and you guys are secure and everything else can get made into a game and fun dares and challenges. Doesn't it make you feel good to know that other woman think your husband is good looking and attractive?

Much love little flower!
    flower81 Posts: 303, Reputation: 7

Jan 28, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Yes we are both secure and we do funny things at a bar like also and have a laugh.

What hurt me was she was a 'friend'
    But hey I haven't spoken to her in 1 yr now so its not like we have to see her.
    Thanks xx
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flower81
    yes we are both secure and we do funny things at a bar like also and have a laugh.

What hurt me was she was a 'friend'
    But hey i havnt spoken to her in 1 yr now so its not like we have to see her.
    Thanks xx
    Don't sweat it... me and my wife say stuff like that all the time... about people we do know and people we don't.

But that was between us... Neither of us actually asked them to do this...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend doesn't want sex / low sex drive [ 30 Answers ]

Hi all, New member here and a bit nervous, but getting some answers anonymously might help to put my mind at east. As you maybe guessed from the title, I'm having a problem with my relationship; specifically the sex part. My girlfriend is 20 and I am 27, and have been in a serious...

My date speaks outloud over sex his sex fantasies of three-way sex [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been dating this guy not for long time now. From the beginning while we were having sex he mentioned his sexual fantasies to me. He wanted to have another women joining us. I asked me why not him with two other women not me being involved. Anyhow, a few days ago he mentioned...

My boyfriend and I have never had sex! [ 9 Answers ]

I'm writing this because I honestly don't know what to do anymore.. I've been going out with this guy for about 8months now and we have never had sex. We only tried once and that time he couldn't get it up.. We are both in our twenties so age isn't the issue. I have tried talking to him about it...

I don't get it (sex) [ 25 Answers ]

Now that I have your attention -- When I was a teen about a thousand years ago, we depended on our parents or "knowledgeable or experienced" friends for information about sex. Often parents' information was brief and unhelpful; friends' knowledge was too often incorrect. Many of us were virgins...

View more questions Search