Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    othermother Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 03:13 AM
    How do I project future profits based upon past quarterly returns
    HOW DO I DETERMINE A PROJECTION FOR THE FUTURE PROFITABILITY OF A CLIENT BASED UPON THE LAST THREE QUARTERS, AND THE MONTH OF JANUARY 2008?

The second QUARTER of 2007 the client generated $90
    The third " " " $225
    The fourth " $225
    The fourth " " $125

That averaged about $150/month or $600/yr

in JANUARY ALONE 2008 " "getting" the value of my services. I don't believe that this is a typical month, but I know that the average quarter will go up. So... what do think I can realistically expect for the next year. And, if you can tell me the equation for figuring this out, maybe I can run the same math for several other new and promising accounts. I need to decide which clients to hold, and which ones to dump!

Thank you in advance. I'm a tiny business, but I think I have a real Tiger by the Tail here, and I need help!

Sandra
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 5, 2008, 08:51 PM
    What kind of business is it? Is there any seasonality? You need to figure the variables in the sales data. You can use multiple regression but just these three numbers is not going to be enough. If this is the first year, then you may need some detail information, like weekly, monthly sales.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opinions based on the past! [ 3 Answers ]

OK guys... I would like to see your opinions... Would you give a guy a chance, who has had a rather bad relationship history, but says to you he really adores you, and it appears he is really into you, he said he has never felt this way before about anyone, and with all due respect he has...

My Past Life/Future [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am Stefan Marseglia I was born on the 4th of January 1989. Please cans some one give me an in depth reading of my past life/ what I will be doing in the near future! Blessed Be!

Locate past returns [ 4 Answers ]

How do I locate my 2006 tax return amount?

Can they hold income tax returns for past due child support? [ 7 Answers ]

I am going back to court again for past due child support. My ex has been delinquent on payments since 2005 . My ex also owes retro active support. An income deduction order is in effect, though he switched jobs two weeks after it was enforced with his employer in 2005. The state has already put a...

Past marriage, future problems [ 4 Answers ]

I am 26 and I’ve been with my current girlfriend for the past year and a half. We have been living together for the past 4 months or so. We are perfect together, and I can see myself in this for the long haul. The hard part comes in accepting her past. I’ve known her for a long time, and about...

View more questions Search