Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelgour Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Home Schooled for 1 yr so that my child can be held back
    Our daughter is one of the youngest in her class. Her Birthday is in late November. She was 4 when she started Kindergarten. At the time we thought it was a good idea to start her in school. However, now we think that it wasn't such a good idea after all. She is 9 years old now and should be in the 4th grade. This year we are Homeschooling with 4th grade curriculum. Our reason for Homeschooling is to help her catch up to where she should be, more or less a refresher course as we call it.

We will be moving to another City when the next school year starts and instead of enrolling her in the 5th grade we would like to enroll her in the 4th grade, even though she is suppose to be in 4th grade now (HOMESCHOOL). She is totally for it, she likes the idea and is begging us to let her go back into 4th grade.

During her school years, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, she had some difficulty with focusing and she struggled with understanding when the teacher would explain. We noticed that her frustration was becoming worse and that she was starting to dislike school because of it.

We know that if a child is held back a year most are done in the earlier grades. We're hoping that the opportunity is good for us to have our child repeat a year because she is being home schooled. Although, we are registered with a private school that offers Independent Home Study, we have not submitted, nor have they requested any of her grades. If there is no official record of a child attending a grade can that child be enrolled in the grade that she is officially suppose to be in now? We know this is a confusing question. We just want to know what we should do when we move, when we go to enroll our child in the 4th grade instead of the 5th. Will the school require us to put her in the 5th grade?

Thank you for your help.
    angelgour
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 01:11 AM
    My only experience is with public school. So far, they have just gone along with my ideas. I pulled my 3rd grader out last February, and hope to have her homeschooled up to 5th grade next fall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will refunds be held back? [ 13 Answers ]

I heard today that refunds for the tax year 2007 may be held back until feb. is this true and if so, will it affect anticipation loans?

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Held Back [ 1 Answers ]

Im an 11th grader but Im supposed to be in 12th. I was held back because I was missing 3 credits. How do I earn enough credits to be in my right grade and graduate on time?

Home schooled: credits for college? [ 3 Answers ]

Im homeschooled, this is my senior year, I would like to know how I can obtain credits for Collage, does anyone know anything about it? If you do please can you help me with some information please?

View more questions Search