Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gman1907 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 09:48 PM
    Parallel wiring for an outlet
    Can somebody explain if it is OK to wire an additional outlet to an existing outlet in parallel? And is it OK to do in a bathroom?
    cgregory67 Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Yes you can do this but use GFI outlets. You should also use pigtails to make connections, not from outlet to outlet screws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring an outlet from a switch [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install an outlet right under a light switch and not have it controlled by the switch. Can I wire it from the switch? Also, instead can I use a combination switch/outlet in the box where the present switch is so a second box isn't needed?

Electrical Outlet Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have an regular outlet (not GFCI), spilled water making coffee, had the breaker kick off, replaced the breaker and regular outlet; tried a GFCI outlet; when I reset the gfci outlet the breaker still kicks off; any suggestions?

Wiring an outlet for a welder [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of setting up my new welder. The box that I had installed by an electrician has 4 wires, black, red, white and bare. My welder has a three prong plug as does the new outlet that I just bought. Which wire goes to the ground prong of the outlet, white or bare? Do I ignore the...

Wiring electrical outlet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 50 amp breaker on a 220v outlet that I plug my RV into, I'd like to install a 110v receptical next to it, getting my power from it. How do I go about this? Thanks

Wiring 3 150 watt bulb in parallel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Will twin 0.75mm flex be OK. There will be less than 3 feet of flex in total. The fittings are porcelain so no earth. Supply is uk, 240v. Thanks

View more questions Search