Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Indiana Jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Which mattress
    Is the Englander Synergy Mattress as comfortable and reliable as advertised or will it break down as some reviews on Englander mattresses suggest?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
    I heard they are one of the best
    I also hear that the sleep number bed is good too.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Once you try the Temperpedic and sleep on that - you won't want to part with it. You don't get the pressure points of conventional mattresses. If you have any kind of back problem - the Temperpedic is the best thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 07:24 PM
    I have a bad back, and you could not pay me to trade my Temperpedic away. It is the best, very best mattress I have ever had.

I sleep better, and wake up more refreshed than I did for years.

I have tried the pillow that is made similar to the mattress ( still use it, since I do sleep better with it also) but I do miss the snuggly pillow.

I would say if you never sleep on a Temperpedic, many hotels use them, find one and try it, you would never want anything else.

** heck they should pay me for that review.
    Decorate Now Patterns Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Sorry, I don't know about the mattress you mentioned. But you can also get a memory foam topper. They do cushion you more. However, they also sleep 'hot.' That is the only mattress where I wake up in the middle of the night sweating... even in the middle of winter. My spouse loves it, as says it really helps his back--I tend to not like it as once I wake up kicking covers off, then I can't get back to sleep.

And if anyone has figured out how to wash the toppers, please let me know.

I second the idea of finding a hotel with the beds in it. We thought we would get a type of water bed due to 2 aching backs--but quickly discovered after a hotel stay that we hated those types of beds.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Yea they're great so are the heavenly beds.
    It all depends on the person, maybe try going to a hotel that has it to try it out. I went to a hotel to try out the tempurpedic and boy was I happy I did that! That bed stinks! Especially the older version, it makes you overheat big time, and ohhh my back.
    :-)
    golucky777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 09:24 AM
    When my husband and I were searching for our next mattress we considered the Englander. My husband of course has to research everything we buy, and he found a lot of negative comments about the englander mattresses. He found a website that was very informative Tempurpedic vs Latex Mattress and we ended up purchasing a Latex mattress. You have to research a lot these days before you buy anything. You really have to try out a mattress before you buy one, we are very happy! :D
    mlheath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 12:21 PM
    I have had a Englander Synergy for three years. It was wonderful for the first year and a half. However, after that the mattress started to sag. It was recommended that we rotate the mattress, however it is a rectangle, and rotating it is not possible. In the last year and a half, the mattress has developed a dip under my wife and I that is so severe we have to sit up to roll over. We have begun the warranty process but even in the initial discussion the excuses are beginning. I would not recommend this mattress, not because I didn't like it, but because it did not last, and apparently they do not wish to honor the super duper warranty.
    mlheath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 12:21 PM
    I have had a Englander Synergy for three years. It was wonderful for the first year and a half. However, after that the mattress started to sag. It was recommended that we rotate the mattress, however it is a rectangle, and rotating it is not possible. In the last year and a half, the mattress has developed a dip under my wife and I that is so severe we have to sit up to roll over. We have begun the warranty process but even in the initial discussion the excuses are beginning. I would not recommend this mattress, not because I didn't like it, but because it did not last, and apparently they do not wish to honor the super duper warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hoping to find a mattress for lower back and hip pain [ 3 Answers ]

I have received 3 spinal injections over the last 7 years for lower back pain. Now my pain has gone more to my hips,but still in my lower back. Is there a mattress for me. The spinal injections are costing $1200 each. I could use another one now. But starting to wonder about a different mattress,...

What is the absolute best mattress to have? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Tempur-pedic is best? But is expensive. Please before I buy a new mattress, I would appreciate feed back on the type and kind of mattress you have, and if it helps, your back, restfulness, health etc. Also I heard that coil matresses are bad for the alignment of your body? Also,...

Sleep number mattress [ 4 Answers ]

I am considering getting a new mattress. I now have a waterbed, I was thinking of a Serta perfect sleeper or a Tempur-pedic, but have heard that the sleep number mattress is the way to go. Do anyone have any pro and cons on these.

Simmons beautyrest mattress [ 3 Answers ]

Would you recommend this mattress? I was looking at one today, its what the sales person called a "flush top", but it looked like a very thin pillow top to me. I've read good & bad opinions, on the epinions site, what's your thoughts? Thanks

New Mattress [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All! My mattress is busting springs, worn down and on her way out. I'm now in the market for a new & Good one! I know a good one can be quite expensive so I'm doing all the research before I visit the 1800mattress showroom. I was then going to purchase online, I heard they have a discount and...

View more questions Search