Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    308426 Posts: 4, Reputation: 5

Jan 25, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Separation Anxiety from my cats
    Hi I was wondering if anyone out there has lost a pet to a break-up. About a year ago, my boyfriend gave me two kittens for my birthday that we treated as our children. I developed a strong bond with my cats and was a part of their daily upbringing. I found them to be very comforting during rough times. My ex dumped me 4 months ago and is seeing a new woman, and does not want contact with me because he does not want to ruin his relationship. He refuses to let me see them, but at times has said we could work something out. At this point, I know I will never see them again. I have severe insomnia, anxiety, depression and therapy has not helped. I want to respect his need not to see me, but at the same time he knows how much I love the cats and can't believe that he would not let me see them. He knows how much it tortures me. I am 24 with no children, and I miss my cats separate from the relationship I was in. I also fear that his new girlfriend is replacing my momma role, which kills me.

Is there anyone out there who is missing their babies?

Laney
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Laney if I were you I would take him to court, if these were gifts that were intended for you I don't see how he can take them away. Call the police and see what they say. Also you could try posting a question on the law forum and see if anyone has ideasHe does not seem to have their best interest at heart or he would at least allow you to visit with them.. I am very sorry that you and your cats are being treated this way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is separation anxiety real? [ 2 Answers ]

My 17 week old Bichon Frise gets so freaked out when he is put in the crate and left alone that it makes him poop. He is given ample opportunity to go before I leave and generally he is only left in the crate for 1 hr a few times a week, other than sleeping. He has learned to be in the crate at...

Separation anxiety [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a beagle/chihuahua puppy from an animal shelter and am trying to crate train her. Whenever we leave the house she poops in her crate and cries and barks non-stop. She is quiet and happy in the crate when we are home. We've tried making her 'party bags' with toys and snacks rolled into a...

Does My Dog Have Separation Anxiety! [ 2 Answers ]

Help I need 2 know what are the symptoms 2 separation anxiety because I think my dog may have it so plez HELP!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Separation anxiety and leaving dog alone while at work [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 10 month old chihuahua who is generally very well behaved. He lives with me and my partner and since we first got him I have been working from home only occasionally leaving him to work away from home for maximum 3-5 hours which he never had a problem with and he never showed any...

Separation anxiety [ 3 Answers ]

Last year we rescued an abandoned golden retriever. He is a terrible listener and so needy that drives you crazy. We give him lots of attention but now he became so attached to us that every time we let him out to go to the bathroom he thinks he is going to die because he is alone outside. We...

View more questions Search