Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcarnivale Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Freezing Toes
    This is a bit of a long shot for Sports Medicine, but I play ice hockey in indoor rinks that are often as cold as the outside. After about 30 minutes, my toes start to freeze up. The worst is the thaw afterwards; it's beyond painful. With ice skates, I've always found it best to wear thin socks. My question is this - is there a material that is as thin as thin cotton socks, yet holds heat like wool socks?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2008, 05:47 PM
    You can try feet warmers
    You can get them at K Mart in the sport/camping section
    Or at a camping type store like Grangers or Cabelas
    I never used them so I don't know how good they are
    I think they are cheaper than this site.

Hand Warmers / Toe Warmers (4 Big Packs for $40)
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 26, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Hey bud! Wow! Where the H E Double hockey sticks to you play puck? I would have hated to play in indoors as cold as the rink rat stuff. The only one I have ever seen like that was in beautiful serene Gilbert, MN... SH*T HOLE! Anyway, to get back to my point. KYBOSH the hand and foot warmers as you and I both know they will feel goofy and make your skate mighty cramped. I am thinking you problem might be on another front... how tight to you tie your skates? Try losing them up just a little, it will feel weird at first, but you will get used to it in about a week. It will help your circulation and keep those tootsies warmer. All socks are going to do inside your skate is wick away moisture. I skated barefoot from Bantam's on and never had a cold feet problem... I still do it on outdoor rinks in Minnesota without a problem. I really think you will probably find that loosening your skates will do the trick. If not, you might want to take up that wimpy sport of Basketball :-)
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 26, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Yeah give it a shot. I bet it will help. The other option is going to be gong with a sock by WigWam who makes socks for skiing and hiking. THey wick away moisture and stay warm like wool. Those be your options my friend... I can't believe I am giving advice to a Hockey East guy who also stold KG from us... I think I am going to burn for this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to keep her chasing/keep her on her toes? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I have seen and heard advice all around about relationships. One which has kept me in question is "keep them on their toes (interested/chasing)." This would obviously come with being unpredictable. What I would like to know his how do people go about this, I would feel like I...

Pain in my toes [ 2 Answers ]

For about two months now, I've off-and-on had some sore spots on my toes. They feel almost like blisters, but they aren't blisters, open sores, etc; only slight reddish areas that get darker red if pressed on. They went away and came back again. The skin above some of them is dry and rough,...

Is your cat's toes amputated? [ 4 Answers ]

Can you tell me why you had your cat declawed? Front or all four, also?

Ticks in between toes... Any Idea's? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 dogs. A 2yr old Staffy X and a 6 month labrador X. I constantly have to pull litrally hundreds of ticks out from in between their toes and the bottom of their feet. Every time I do this it eally upsets me as I feel like I am not helping them to stop it from happening. I have tried Garlic...

View more questions Search