Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anna Slodka Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 03:16 AM
    Most popular registered logo
    HI,

I would like to know, what logo is most widely registered around the world. I have heard that it is WWF and the secon one in Coca Cola, however I need to verify that.
    I have contacted both companies but with no luck.

If you know - please answer.

Thanks
    Anna
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2006, 06:35 AM
    There is really no measurement that could answer the question with certainty.

I would bet 100 to 1 that Coca Cola's logo is recognized by more people in the world than WWF.

And fyi, Ferrarri actually claims that it's logo is the most widely recognized logo in the world:
    http://www.ferrariofhouston.com/heritage.htm

Anyone could make the claim, really, but no one can prove it true or untrue.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Rickj is right - there is no way of telling which registered logo is more recognised worldwide. I bet if you asked that question to a few people, asking who they thought was the most recognised I bet they would all answer different.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Most popular
    Hi,
    I vote for McDonalds!
    But, as others said, don't know how to prove one registered trademark is more popular over another.
    Coca Cola is the most wide-selling soft drink in the world.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 07:44 AM
    I would say your right.

Either Maccy D's or Coke Cola are the most popular and well known logos. But again no way of proving so.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 12, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Olympic Rings
    Know world wide and was the first one I thought of :D

Perhaps the most famous (and possibly the oldest) of these is the emblem of the Olympic Games: the Olympic Rings, five interlocking rings (blue, yellow, black, green, and red respectively) on a white field. This was taken from Wikipedia Free Encyclopediea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo

Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    Know world wide and was the first one I thought of :D

Perhaps the most famous (and possibly the oldest) of these is the emblem of the Olympic Games: the Olympic Rings, five interlocking rings (blue, yellow, black, green, and red respectively) on a white field. This was taken from Wikipedia Free Encyclopediea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo

I never thought of that. But it is probably the most recognised logo worldwide. I think you are dead on. Nice one!!

Jan 12, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    I never thought of that. But it is probably the most recognised logo worldwide. I think you are dead on. Nice one!!!

I could not find anything to back me up but it was the first thing that popped in this empty head of mine. I tried to research it a bit but nothing really came up as a definite answer. I them asked my daughter and them my husband the same question with the same rely the Olympic flag. I asked Miss Piggy our dog but she just looked at me and continued destroying her chewy toy. So I guess the humans win 3 to one.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    I could not find anything to back me up but it was the first thing that popped in this empty head of mine. I tried to research it a bit but nothing really came up as a definite answer. I them asked my daughter and them my husband the same question with the same rely the Olympic flag. I asked Miss Piggy our dog but she just looked at me and continued destroying her chewy toy. So I guess the humans win 3 to one.
    Lol - you are really funny. You have my kind of humour!!

I still think you are bang on.:D
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2006, 09:40 AM
    A fun discussion. I think that if we looked at a World Almanac at the top Advertisers of the world, we'd find somewhere in there the most recognized registered logo.

This leads me to wonder what the most recognized symbol is. Would it be as simple as a plus sign or equals sign? Maybe a cross or crucifix? Peace sign? US Dollar sign?
    ... I wonder...
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 09:41 AM
    That's a very good question. I guess the cross is a well recognised symbol worldwide.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Sadly, I think the one finger salute is probably up there too :o
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 09:59 AM
    I think you may be right somehow Rickj lol
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Slodka
    I would like to know, what logo is most widely registered around the world.
    Anna, do you want the most widely REGISTERED (as in with the government) or recognized by consumers?

For registered... you would have to check each country and then add them up.

For recognized... I would say Coca-Cola. There are others, but I say Coca0Cola would be number 1

Jan 12, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Registered
    Guys,

Most widely known is of course Coke, but that is the trick in this question - I have heard some time ago hat WWF is more widely protected than Coke logo.

The most valuable brand / logo is each year given in press with number it's worth, but that is not what I am after.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Slodka
    Guys,

most widely known is of course Coke, but that is the trick in this question - I have heard some time ago hat WWF is more widely protected than Coke logo.

The most valuable brand / logo is each year given in press with number it's worth, but that is not what I am after.
    So you are not talking consumer recognizable, you are looking for legally restricted/registered?

Jan 12, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Microsoft is registered trade mark world wide along with, along with veri-sign, I am lost to what you are looking for.:(
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 04:33 PM
    I agree with lilfyre.

1) Microsoft is huge
    2) I am not 100% sure on what the question is asking anymore.

Jan 12, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    I agree with lilfyre.

1) Microsoft is huge
    2) I am not 100% sure on what the question is asking anymore.

I am really trying to help here, but the hoops keep moving when I try to jump threw them, but that's okay I'll keep trying, :D

Jan 13, 2006, 02:29 AM
    Registered
    I guess, I need to exmplain it a bit more.
    Each logo has to be registered as protected and unique in every single country to be protected there.
    And while US and UE are many countries, there are some small parts of the world where maybe not every logo was already registered.

Some time ago I have heard that WWF logo is lawfully protected in more countries than Coke. Seems hard to believe and as it proves even harder to check.

I have contacted both organization and asked in how many countries around the world they have registered their symbol. However I got no reply from both. That is why I have subsribed here, hoping someone might know, as I know guys you like looking for not-obvious-to-find knowledge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

XP hangs at the startup logo [ 5 Answers ]

When I open my computer-(Athlon AMDXP2000)-Motherboard ECSK7S5PRO-Memory 256-DDR-PC333-Optical Mouse Keyboard PSII) XP hangs at the startup logo and will not move beyond that. There is no message or blue, black screen- just the Logo staring me in the face. Can anyone suggest anything at all,...

Old question but always popular... maybe [ 4 Answers ]

OK straight to the point. A girl I know shows all the signs of being interested in me, yet also displaying all the tell tell signs of playing hard to get. How do I get around hat w/out coming off too strong and blowing all chances out of the water?

Gets To XP Logo Then Reboots [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My girlfriend's mother has broken her PC and I'm trying to fix it. When she boots up her PC she will get to the Win XP icon but then it reboots itself. She told me she had gone out, leaving her PC on. When she got back she had some kind of message from AOL about an update saying...

View more questions Search