Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Feb 8, 2008, 09:46 PM
    I am soooooooooo goooood rite now :)
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 8, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Yes but you won't be later... Just look up AA and it will pull up a hot line
    Come on take yourself serious and get some help
    Or is it too much fun too forget things and puke your guts out and wreck your car and ruin your brain cells

I guess you ned to stay out there a little longer Good luck

Feb 8, 2008, 10:07 PM
    No no no... I don't need to stay. I can do it! Ahhhhhhhhh
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Yes, you need to tell your parents about this... they love you and can help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justme005
    i am soooooooooo goooood rite now :)
    Of course you do. A good nights sleep, and some food does wonders, and can easily erase those memories of yelling for "Earl" in the toilet bowl. A temporary reprieve, until you make smart decisive changes.:rolleyes:
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Comments on this postCheshire2008 agrees: The funny thing about this situation with Alchoholics is you can tell them I have a cure for you problem but you must stop drinking they always negotiate with about when it is convient Now is never a good time
    How can I give a greenie, to a greenie?? This is such a profound statement. So indicative to how the disease of alcoholism, warps your thinking, and plays tricks on your mind.

Feb 9, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Greenie to a greenie? Hmm I don't get it.. haha
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 01:53 PM
    When someone agrees with you they rate your post. This is called a greenie and goes toward your reputation for all to see. If I could have I would give the greenie I received, a greenie, Meaning I agree with her agreement. Ta dahhhh!!

Feb 9, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Ohhhh I Seeeee :)

Feb 9, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Thank you Talaniman I will revel in the honor of my greenie ; )
    However I just have this vast knowledge from being around people who love to kill themselves slowly with a "Drug of their choice" in this case alcohol So as a result I went to many mettings with people who love to only say their first name. All I can say is they are the best friends I 've ever had and I never knew their last name : )
    As for you just me you think this is the first time I have heard your story No
    Your cure rests between 4 walls called AA believe me they only want you if your ready.
    I love that people who drink in excess don't worry about people seeing them intoxicated
    But worry that people will see them taking steps to better themselves by getting help and going to AA.

After reading your posts I don't see it. I really wish you were.

By The way The actual full quote is... Funny thing you can walk in a Cancer ward and say I have a cure and everyone would take it make the change and live.( Irony there is no cure)
    But you walk in a room full of Alcoholics and say I have a cure ( By the way that works) and they say Oh now is not a good time can I start that after the holidays ! It's uncanny and unbelivable. Lol
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Justme - "only drinking on the weekends" is a step, yes, but it's not a committment. The only way you are going to break this addiction and conquer alcoholism is to make a commitment to stop. No amount of "baby steps" are going to get you there... only a real, true, honest commitment.

Kind of like the new Marine ad campaign, "We don't take applications, we only take committments."

Don't put in your application to stop drinking, committ to DO IT.

Feb 10, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Wow... OK I see... thanks everyone!
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Just wondering what it would take for you to seriously commit to the change? Rape, series of bad relationships, or something else? Whatever it is, I'm sure it can be arranged... not necessarily with your approval, but never the less...

Feb 10, 2008, 09:08 PM
    I need help. Imwated and high, I dubbo 3hqt to do... smebody help me... I hooked up w.womeone I dident want too. Omg... I can't do this I canr... I need someone.. my adivors are maybe?
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Darling, we have given you the tools to bury this habit but we can't make you use them.

You MUST get help. AA is a necessity for you. You can't care how "uncomfortable" it makes you, you must go. This is bigger than your adviser. Go to AA.

You put yourself in a dangerous situation "hooking up with someone you didn't want to."

This is serious. Get help.

Feb 11, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Just me I really want you to think on this. Go back and read your own posts.
    The right step is
    A "The thing is im really worried about this."
    b. I did things and don't have a clue about it.
    C Luckily I am around safe people
    D I've been making good choices when it comes to guys.
    I always used to drink this often and always have the same amount to get drunk.. I don't understand why all of a sudden

You are young in your addiction You are in school This is suppose to be the best time in your life. You have some much to look forward too.
    Yes you can try to manage your drinking but I really think the drinking is managing you!
    You are dealing with something stronger then yourself
    Drinking is cunning baffling and powerful
    Why the resistance to AA go to a few meetings just sit and listen I promise you you will hear stories that will sound familiar. You will find you are not alone. They do have AA by computer ( on Line) But it really is the feeling of communion with people and the connection that matters. Give it a shot I bet it will change your life . The choice is yours. What do you have to loose? Some groups have younger people but it is the old timers who have a lot to share. Keep looking to you have a group you feel connected with. Then you can pick a sponsor That is someone you can speak with everday who understands how you feel and will help you through this. My thoughts are with you.

Feb 11, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Thank u all. I am very upset today :(
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
    What are you going to do about being upset? If you're stewing in yout own juices, you probably don't need to marinate any further. So are you angry enough to do something about it?

Feb 11, 2008, 08:14 PM
    I'm not drinking tonight. My head is spinning.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows...

Fun fun fun... when you're tired of all the excitement you are bringing into your life, and are ready to take some serious positive steps toward a more rational approach, remember the advice you've been offered. No one is going to force you to do the walk. You got to take the steps yourself... but others will be willing to support you.

Continuing with the same behaviors but expecting to get different results is the definition of insanity.

Time to get off the merry go round... for your own sanity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Drunk [ 1 Answers ]

A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up her skirt and began fondling her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you...

Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

Losing a long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi last September I lost contact with my best friend of 4+ years over something so stupid. It would take down forever to write what happened but I'll try and write something brief: Basically it started because me and another friend of ours was invited out by some old school m8s last minute. She...

Drunk Problems [ 9 Answers ]

My friend Drew is mad at me. On Friday of last week there was a party he and I were invited to. I didn’t go knowing there would be alcohol. He did unfortunately. Well he got drunk and made out with his now ex-girlfriend’s now ex-best friend. She was at a party with me that we knew no alcohol would...

View more questions Search