Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 12, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    Good. I'm glad you've realized that you need help.

Its up to you. I still believe in you, but you must make the decision.
    I agree. This has been going on for a long time now. You know you have a problem and you need to fix it. Get help go to AA and salve it. The only way to give it up is all together. If not it will come to a point in your life that your life as a hole will be hanging off a thread and you will be wishing that you did something for it way back. Well this is way back. Stop drinking and take peoples advise and go to AA. I am, not trying to be a bother about it but you do need help mentally. Basically you need detox. What do you think?
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Mar 12, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Yes. I believe everyone. I need help. Its just a matter of doing it now. I can't even believe I am in this position. I'm a bad person. w. a messed up life rite now. I'm only 20 yrs old. How can be an alcoholic? Haha. I don't know... ill try and fix this the best I can.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justme005
    ill try and fix this the best i can.
    Darlin, the key is YOU can't do it by yourself. You must get help. If anything, this thread has shown you that you cannot do it on your own.

I'm glad you've realized this - now just do it. :)

May 23, 2008, 08:39 PM
    I don't want to die at a young age...
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Dying from alcohol is no fun at any age. Alcohol kills more people in on week, in one large city than all the other drug deaths of the entire nation in a year!

Find something else to do. Quit swallowing poison.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

May 24, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Alcoholism doesn't care what you want. If you don't want to die then get help. Go to an AA meeting and tell people what you're experiencing.

May 25, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Yes I know... I am home now and just drinking wine a few nites a week and not experiencing any hangovers or blackouts. I am also eating healthy and going to the gym 4 times a week. I feel like things have turned around for me. The only thing is, I always think about how much fun I had in school, drinking and stuff, and I do miss it. I also think a lot about what I did when I told my advisor at college about this... Its all so weird for me. I'm getting a new roommate next semester and my friend was like "oh i hope u dont turn her into an alcoholic" and was laughing about it. Alcohol is something that defines me now. People associate it w. me all the time. I don't like that. She said this in front of teachers and my advisor and I felt embarrassed. I need to get through this summer healthy and hopefully follow through w. it during the year... I'm just so scared I'll fall back into bad habits...

Thank you all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Drunk [ 1 Answers ]

A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up her skirt and began fondling her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you...

Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

Losing a long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi last September I lost contact with my best friend of 4+ years over something so stupid. It would take down forever to write what happened but I'll try and write something brief: Basically it started because me and another friend of ours was invited out by some old school m8s last minute. She...

Drunk Problems [ 9 Answers ]

My friend Drew is mad at me. On Friday of last week there was a party he and I were invited to. I didn’t go knowing there would be alcohol. He did unfortunately. Well he got drunk and made out with his now ex-girlfriend’s now ex-best friend. She was at a party with me that we knew no alcohol would...

View more questions Search