Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMA Posts: 114, Reputation: 8

Jan 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Can I still need more sleep after 12 hrs a night?
    I have always had trouble sleeping at night. I have trouble switching off. Doesn't seem to make much difference if I am physically or mentally exhausted that day. Sometimes I would feel sick because I am so tired. I look like I haven't slept with dark bags under my eyes.

Lately I have been able to sleep in. I try and go to bed by midnight. I get up at about midday. I did this last night, and at about 3pm I went to have a lay down and almost dropped off to sleep again. I don't sleep for the full 12 hrs but I think I do sleep for most of it. Sometimes I have a bad night but I'm sure I get at least 6 hrs. This has been going on for maybe 3 months - I can't really remember when it started.

It cannot be normal to need so much sleep. Do you think I should keep doing this? Trying to get as much sleep as I can. What if I never loose the dark bags under my eyes? I never feel well rested or energetic. My diet isn't too bad I eat veg and don't eat junk food. I don't drink coffee or smoke.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Are you under stress? New job... school... anything?

This can also be a symptom of depression, it could also be a symptoms of a number of physical ailments. When was your last check up with your doctor?
    DMA Posts: 114, Reputation: 8

Jan 25, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Been a bit depressed recently. I think I am OK at the moment. I did think earlier this week how I am tired of life. I feel like I need more sleep, like I'm trying to catch up from a late night.

I've had a blood test every year for a while now. That hasn't picked anything up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Blood tests won't necessarily pick everything up. It depends on what is ordered as to what the lab looks at with a blood test.

Now, depression is not always mental, but can be physical. Sleeping a lot, eating less, etc.

You may want to make an appointment with your doc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two year old won't sleep through night [ 11 Answers ]

I have a two year old and he won't sleep through the night, he will go to bed but then wake up later on and stay up all night... is something wrong with him? Is there anything I can do? I do a bedtime rutine and everything... I am so frustrated!! :mad:

My baby won't sleep at night. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 week old baby girl and she is totally mixed up with her days and nights. She will sleep all day and be up all night. I try to keep her up during the day but it is like she goes into a coma or somethimg. She will not wake up. At night you could slightly move and she is wide awake. ...

Puppy who won't sleep at night and won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently purchased a malti poo and he flew in on Friday. Since then he really has not eaten much or drank that much. Also, when we put him in his crate at night he yelps and whimpers the entire night. He stops just to get his voice back and then continues. He has food, water,...

My 2yr old won't sleep through the night [ 5 Answers ]

:( Is there anyone that would know how to get my little girl to sleep through the night. We have tried everything that we can think of. She did sleep through the night at one point and time but she hasn't for about 6 months and its getting toward where she wants to just play at night. What can I...

I need sleep at night! [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a small city and there is a dog that lives next door that seems to be lost and forgotten about it cry's when the owners come home as if to be begging for food or attention. I feel bad for the dog But This dog barks all night long since the owners seem to not notice the...

View more questions Search