Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth911 Posts: 499, Reputation: 6

Jan 25, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Bridge or labert piercing
    Well, the bridge looks like it might hurt. I'm thinking about gettting one or both.
    Should I?
    Now, I'm only 16. I wanted my labert done but my mom said yes and my dad said no. I'm really diying to get it done. If I don't get it now, I'll just get a lot more when I turn 18. If I get it now, I'll probably change and have it closed up by the time I'm 18.
    How can I get my dad to let me? I'll just try it myself if I can't go get it done. I don't care if I die from it. I want it that bad. It wasn't until he said no that I decided about the bridge too.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
    "The bridge looks like it might hurt" and "i'll probably change and have it closed up by the time i'm 18" don't make this sound very positive.

It sounds more like you want piercings to defy your father than to adorn your body.

Jan 25, 2008, 12:09 PM
    I want it to express myself.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 12:48 PM
    And what will it say about you that a h.s. diploma won't?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beth911
    I'll just try it myself if i can't go get it done. I don;t care if i die from it.
    This is not smart. Dying is not worth a piercing. There is nothing you can do to a needle to sterilze it enough for piercing. It needs an autoclave. Otherwise, you will more than likely get infected, it'll look nasty, and it'll be on your face! Does that sound like something you want?

If your Dad won't let you get it, then don't get it. You are 16. In 2 years you'll be 18 and of legal age to do whatever you want. It will not kill you to wait 2 years. If your Dad won't let you get it done, then no piercer will allow it. If you try to do it behind his back, you are in for more trouble than the piercing is worth, trust me.

Just wait. That's what I had to do, and is what most people have to do. :)

Jan 25, 2008, 06:14 PM
    I'm afraid of everyone else stealing my idea. I need it ASAP before they do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 06:22 PM
    I'm sure it's been done. And that's no reason.

And what good would it do anyway since you say no one cares about you.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beth911
    I'm afraid of everyone else stealing my idea. I need it ASAP before they do.
    Your idea? Wondergirl is right, its been done, about a million times. Just wait hun, piercings will still be around when you turn 18. :)

Jan 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
    I know its been done. But more and more people are getting it and I don't want it to look like I'm trying to be like them. I want to look different. So if anything at all they would be the ones trying to be like me but I never want to be like anyone and hopefully they wouldn't do it anyway.

It's the only way left for me to really show who I am
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Geez. It is not the only way to show who you are! Don't be a sheep and follow the crowd and do the same ol' things they do. Be REALLY different!

Jan 25, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I'm trying to do that TO be different
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Well, I haven't heard anything that makes you sound different so far. You're just one of the flock, imitating everyone else.

Jan 25, 2008, 10:00 PM
    No... You wouldn't understand. It just doesn't seem like me without it.
    F it I don't want to talk about this. Its only want to make wating it me it more going to.

Jan 25, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Oops.. lol
    I meant:
    It's only going to make me want it more.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 10:03 PM
    You started this, talking about it.

If you are finished talking, think about going to bed on time for a change.

Jan 25, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Lol.I don't want to for anything normal.
    Whys everything based on day anyway?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 10:06 PM
    I don't understand your post.

Jan 25, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Forget it. I figured it wouldn't do any good
    jerzbratgirl Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Hi,
    I am a 31 y/o female who on nov 17th got her labret pierced. I strongly urge you to reconsider this decision at least until you are older. I am getting a significant amount of slack at work and I work in a liberal profession. At the age of 16, what are you going to do when you can't get hired anywhere? Most places have policies regarding piercings and tattoos. It is easy to say that you can just put in a no see-um or a retainer, but that is a long time off before you can go swapping jewelry on a regular basis. Not to mention that I have found it completely impractical.
    I know what it is like to want to express your individuality, I have 7 body piercings and the same number of tattoos, but a facial peircing would just be a disadvantage.

Chose with your head, not with the drive to be different. Think practically!

Trisha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridge pain [ 5 Answers ]

14 months ago I had a 3 tooth bridge done. In the 3 weeks I wore the temporary bridge I had some discomfort and couldn't eat on that side of my mouth. The bridge consists of my bottom left back molar, a pontic, and a cuspid. I didn't think much of the discomfort at the time because temporaries...

Bridge course for ms [ 1 Answers ]

Well I herd that if you are having 15 years of education that you have to take bridge course to be equivalent to 16 years of education in usa,is it true?? pl reply me soon.:rolleyes:

How to build a bridge [ 7 Answers ]

We need to build a bridge over a gulley. From edge to edge is 10.5 ft, its 10 ft. deep in the middle. It has to be 12 ft. wide and strong enough for a cement truck( for pouring a foundation) to cross. Im unsure where to begin in the planning, or are there any good websites to help?

The Bridge [ 18 Answers ]

Hello: So, you want to talk about the bridge... We've been ripped off, People! Money that should have gone into infrastructure went instead into corporate coffers. Relax wingers, I'm not going to blame Bush... Ok, never mind, YES I AM. He gets the blame because he's the one running...

View more questions Search