Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckeyegal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 11:09 AM
    HP6122 deskjet-No color printing
    I have a HP deskjet 6122 which I just replace both printer cartridges. The test page shows all my colors, but when I go to print I only get black & white.:confused:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Are your pint options set up correctly? Do they match your applications settings.

Some apps. Like Photoshop Elements allow you to click a button to only print grayscale images.

Jan 28, 2008, 04:35 AM
    I have check all my settings. I did not have any problems with no color until I changed cartridges.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Jan 28, 2008, 05:35 AM
    But the color prints on the test page? Am I reading this correct?

If I am, it would have to be in the settings... either of the software you are using or in the printer properties. If the ink did not print color ink on the test page... you left an old cartridge in there to long and it has dried the ink onto the parts inside... if this were the case, it is cheaper to buy a new printer.

Keep in mind... we know it worked before... we need to concentrate on what it is doing now.

Jan 29, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Yes, the color shows up on my test page. I used a clean damp cloth and wiped the dots on the inside of the printer where the cartridge goes.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Jan 29, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Okay... #1 do not wipe the dots on the inside... you are wiping parts that need the oils left on them.

Try... after you wiped it... another test page. If it still prints the color ink... it is not your printer and is somewhere in your software properties or printer properties.

Let's move on to that. What software are you using?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 29, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Buckeye, so sorry for the delay, but I've been toes up in bed for the last couple of weeks and I'm finally starting to feel almost human again.
    Any way, I would like you to run a quick test. Open the "Printers and Faxes" from the "Start Menu"

First, send a print test to the printer. Do not respond to the screen question until you know whether the document printed correctly. If the image failed, then respond, "No" and lets force Windows to step you through some failure analysis.

I also want you to look at the properties line and make sure that your driver is a color driver, not a grayscale or black and white driver. And that you have selected the color driver and printer as your default printer.

Please respond back through this issue with your answers.

Jan 29, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Don,
    Hope you're feeling better. A lot of illness going around now. I want to thank you and the others for helping me with this little problem. Don't know how, but just printed this page to see if smileys showed up in color, and it looks like I'm back in the game! :o Every color is now appearing. Thanks again! Karin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Hp deskjet d1320 [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way that I can download my software without the disc? :confused:

HP Deskjet 1320 [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Install My Hp Deskjet 1320 Without Disk

Hp deskjet d1320 [ 1 Answers ]

Does this model scan pictures onto the computer?

Canon BJC 610 color printing problem [ 5 Answers ]

Dear all, I bought a used Canon BJC-610 printer which works fine with b/w printouts but doesn't print in color. I would be very glad for clues how I could make it do. I'll try to describe the problem more precisely: - When I switch on the printer, after a short while the orange ERROR light...

View more questions Search