Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kenneyka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 10:46 AM
    How do you find out if the Landlord is trying to stop foreclosure
    I am a renter in VA that found out the place we are renting is being foreclosed on, I have began to look for a new place to rent because the Landlord's Property Manger could not find the Landlord. Well last night I received a call that the landlord is going to fight the foreclosure, I personley think he is trying to scam another month worth of rent from me (my rent is due on the 1st of Feb, the public auction is on the 1st and I had planned to leave on the 1st of Feb), but now I don't know what to do. Is there anyway to find out if the guy is actually trying to keep the property?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Hello Ken:

No. Besides, there's only ONE way to fight a foreclosure and that's pay it. If it were me, I'd leave on the 1st.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord foreclosure on rentals [ 1 Answers ]

Do we have any legal action against our landlord that allowed the house that we live in to go into foreclosure? He has been collecting our rent checks and not paying the mortgage for over a year. He also has multiple other properties and lives in a $2 mil mansion. I had asked him multiple times if...

Lease/option w/ landlord foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lease/option in the home I'm living in with my wife and 3 children. My lease expires in June of 2008. The owner of the property has been receiving registered mail from a bank, and just yesterday received 2 letters from attorneys office. This attorney specializes in foreclosure. What...

How to stop eviction after foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stop eviction from foreclsoure

Landlord foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord's mortgage was just foreclosed on. I have only lived here for 6 weeks. They never told us anything about them being in trouble ( we would not have moved in if we knew!) and now I assume we'll have to move again. Can I go after them legally for all the trouble another move will cause- we...

Landlord Foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renting a house in Indiana I just found out is being foreclosed upon. The landlord won't answer her phone. The summons we received listed my husband and I as defendants "John and Jane Doe". The summons says we have 20 days to respond. We're on a month to month lease (the lease actually expired...

View more questions Search