Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 11, 2006, 09:54 PM
    Can this shower be upgraded to anti-scald?
    O great and wise experts of ye plumbing page, behold thy photograph of me current shower knobs (photo attached). They are spaced 8" apart (on center). Is there any hope of integrating an anti-scald valve into this configuration without considerable damage to the tiles? Or perhaps a method for installing a new anti-scald valve in such a way that the old holes (or any new holes made during construction) will be covered up?

Thanks in advance,
    Moishe
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 12, 2006, 01:09 PM
    Hey Moishe,

"Is there any hope of integrating an anti-scald valve into this configuration without considerable damage to the tiles? Or perhaps a method for installing a new anti-scald valve in such a way that the old holes (or any new holes made during construction) will be covered up?"
    Yes, Moen Posi-Temp, Anti-Scald Model Villeta is the shower valve. A Moen Chrome Remodel Cover Plate is made to cover up the old holes. But now you know it's possible.
    You'll have to locate a Moen Dealer in your area. Possibly he will have more of a selection. Good luck, Tom

Jan 12, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

Jan 13, 2006, 01:47 AM
    Hmmmmm... I seem to be missing something here. Google turned up some interesting results, including this one; but a closer look seems to show that the plate is 7 inches in diameter. Wouldn't a shower like mine (where the current holes are 8 inches apart) need a plate at least 9 inches in diameter?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 13, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Moishe,

Either you didn't read my last post completely or you missed.
    "A Moen Chrome Remodel Cover Plate is made to cover up the old holes."
    I happen to have a old one out in my garage, it measures 13".
    This Remodel Cover Plate is made specifically for conversion jobs such as yours. Regards, Tom

Jan 13, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Ah, I must have missed that part. Thanks.
    yitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmMP3
    O great and wise experts of ye plumbing page, behold thy photograph of me current shower knobs (photo attached). They are spaced 8" apart (on center). Is there any hope of integrating an anti-scald valve into this configuration without considerable damage to the tiles? Or perhaps a method for installing a new anti-scald valve in such a way that the old holes (or any new holes made during construction) will be covered up?

Thanks in advance,
    Moishe
    There's a website that sells easy to install devices with no need to remove any tiles.
    Antiscald Inc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower issues-scald guard or pressure problems? [ 5 Answers ]

We moved into our 90 year old home in April. In 2001 a nice addition was put on that included a master bath with tile surround and 2 showers in the surround. I noticed at first that when I pushed the handle all the way to the hottest setting (on both showers), the water cut off all the sudden to...

Anti-syphon hose bib [ 2 Answers ]

We had a new hose bib put in for our outside hose. It worked fine for a few weeks, but now no water comes out at all. Is there some trick to getting the water started with the anti-syphon hose bibs? Thanks!

Anti freeze leak [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 99' chrysler lhs leaking anti-freeze. Its not a slow leak, I am constantly adding more around once every other week. I can't figure it out where it is going. No puddles or spots, not in the oil, it's just disapearing. I have high miles (151k) and I am fearing the worst. Is it leaking into...

Anit Scald show/Tub faucet? Worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

I seen these before but are they really worth it, do they work and what is a good price for one I seen some really $$ and some not so $$. Is there any longevity issues? Thanks, LFX.

AVG Anti Virus getting erros [ 2 Answers ]

?? Hi Using Winxp Home I can install the free version (not the trial) the actual free version of AVG anti virus, the install is OK When I try to open it and use it I get a "Missing DLL SHELL" error AVG will not help because I am using the "free" version Any ideas? Have uninstalled and...

View more questions Search