Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    golfboss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Anyone have any experience replacing NSA filters?
    I have just recently replaced an NSA filter for my whole house. It is located in the basement right near the incoming water supply. This would be the smaller filter which is in front of a large canister type filter on the main line. I have done this 3 times a year for 7 years (9 year old house) and never had a problem until this week. When I replaced the smaller filter and turned the water back on I had low pressure in the house and especially on the 2nd floor. I thought I might have air in the lines so I went to the lowest point and drained the water, then opened the last faucet on the line. I then turned on the water slowly and pressure returned to normal. Then this morning I went in my basement and see the bucket I had under the filter during the change, is overflowing. There is a steady drip coming from the red air release button on top of the filter. This has never dripped like this before and I tried to tighten the filter tighter but it did not help. I think when the pressure becomes balanced this little drip used to stop. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have turned on the water in the house and I am now bypassing the filter completely. The water pressure still seems low, which it should be better when it is not rerouted through the filter. Thanks in advance.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Did you try pushing in red button while under full pressure.. This sprays a bit of water but may allow you to reset the seating of this pressure relief valve (of sorts). Other then that, I would shut down the system, remove filter assembly and simply re-install... see what happens after that... if still a problem let us know... will see what we can do.

Push in button first though.

And, the reduced pressure from the bypass main water... can only be caused by defective shutoff really (you sure you opened all the way.. ).. or... did you check your aerators at the lavatory and kitchen faucets... these could be clogged..

Like I said, try these things and then get back to us. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air filters [ 11 Answers ]

What do you think is the best way to remove smoke from a room. I have a smoker in the house that we are going to contain to one room and I was wondering what is the best way to clean the air in that room. My options are either to install an exhaust fan or put an air filter(a good one). There are...

Air filters [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to ask how often I should change my air filters for my gas comfortmaker heater? I have allergies and want to make sure that the filters are changed as often as they should be.

Where would NSA relationship take a lady? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my friends, I've recently been very confused about whether to have a NSA relationship or not. Hope I can get some advice here from your guys or gals... Read my story first please. When I met this guy, I just came out of a 12 years relationship and Moved to Canada from an asian...

Replacing furnice filters [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier model #58dr075-ba. I can not locate where the filters are to change them. Thanks

Filters [ 7 Answers ]

There are different filters on websites in my country and I can not access to several sites. Can you introduce me some addresses for breaking filters?

View more questions Search