Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 11, 2006, 08:15 PM
    Do you?
    Does anyone ever feel like If you could just be dead for 5 minutes just not feel the pain for five minutes you would be okay? I mean like if you have kids and you care about them enough not to end it completely. But sometimes it hurts so much that if just for 5 minutes. An hour would feel so sweet.
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 11, 2006, 08:26 PM
    Oh crankie, that's so sad. :( My sister who was diagnosed with severe depression used to say the same thing. Do you have anyone you can talk to? She eventually (after many years) got some help and she's doing much better now. But for a long time she sounded just like you and it tore me apart.
    cdh Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jan 11, 2006, 08:30 PM
    I am assuming that you are referring to emotional pain. If so find something that gets your mind off it. I am going through quite a bit of emotional pain myself but I know that things are going to get better. Just keep your head up and don't ever think of death as an alternative to the pain. Things will get better eventually

Jan 11, 2006, 08:39 PM
    I will try. I just feel so I don't know right now. Like ripping myself apart. I don't know why I feel that way today. I know. I can listen to some music. Music is good.:)

Jan 11, 2006, 08:58 PM
    What's a good non depressing song? Please nothing scary.
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Jan 11, 2006, 09:08 PM
    A completely inebriated man was stumbling down the street with one foot on the curb and one foot in the gutter. A cop pulled up and said, "I've got to take you in, pal. You're obviously drunk."

Our wasted friend asked, "Officer, are ya absolutely sure I'm drunk?"

"Yeah, buddy, I'm sure," said the copper. "Let's go."

Breathing a sigh of relief, the wino said, "Thank goodness, I thought I was crippled."

Jan 11, 2006, 09:12 PM
    :D lol. Thanks for the joke.
    cdh Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jan 11, 2006, 09:28 PM
    Though I am a country music fan, the wrong country song can get you down. I am not necessarily a Tom Cochran fan but "life is a Highway" seems pretty upbeat to me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2006, 09:39 PM
    Do you?Yeah I do
    Hi crankie,sorry to hear your having such a blue time and you need a little music to pick you so I do have a suggestion.I don't know what system you run but checkout RAPSODY(or whatever program you have)and program yourself one of those personal radio staions and jam to your favorite tunes while you browse the threads and check out the newbies, or close your eyes and just let the music wash over you.Whenever I'm messing around on the ole 'putor I'm usually listening to the jams I put together ,all my favorites!Now you just cheer up cause you know what goes down will always come back up or something like that!Anyway I like the oldies and don't know about the new stuff so I'd hate to suggest a thirty year old song-Black-eye-Peas maybe I don't know how about nellie and hop around for a while, its good for your hips,OK get your own music then and Good luck tomorrow is better!:cool: :) ;)

Jan 12, 2006, 07:29 PM
    Hey you Im sorry about coming in here like that.It sux to feel that way. Thanks for the cheerup.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Do you? Oh Hell yeah!
    That's what we're here for to pick each other up when someone's down,and we all scrap bottom every now and then.I know where to come when its my turn to boohoo!:cool:
    Sunni Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Jan 14, 2006, 11:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crankiebabie
    Does anyone ever feel like If you could just be dead for 5 minutes just not feel the pain for five minutes you would be okay? I mean like if you have kids and you care about them enough not to end it completely. But sometimes it hurts so much that if just for 5 minutes. an hour would feel so sweet.
    Hi crankiebabie,
    I keep coming back to this post over and over again. I guess what you said really struck a nerve with me and I just want to say I feel for you, sister. Sometimes I think a whole day would be sweet. I do have kids and a wonderful hubby that puts up with my every mood and it is because of them that I am still kickin'. If you are ever having a bad day or just need to talk, I'm here to listen. I know you'll do the same for me. Blessings to you, hun ;)
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jan 14, 2006, 11:27 PM
    whats a good non depressing song? please nothing scary.
    All right, so maybe you're not too much into country music but this is one of my favorites, it's by a gal named Jamie O'neal and its called Somebody's Hero

She's never pulled anyone from a burning building
    She's never rocked Central Park to a half a million fans, screaming out her name
    She's never hit a shot to win the game
    She's never left her footprints on the moon
    She's never made a solo hot air balloon ride, around the world,
    No, she's just your everyday average girl (but)

She's somebody's hero
    A hero to her baby with a skinned up knee
    A little kiss is all she needs
    The keeper of the cheerios
    The voice that brings Snow White to life
    Bedtime stories every night
    And that smile lets her know
    She's somebody's hero

She didn't get a check every week like a nine-to fiver
    But she's been a waiter, and a cook and a taxi driver
    For twenty years, there at home, until the day her girl was grown
    Giving all her love to her was her life's ambition
    But now her baby's movin' on, and she'll soon be missin' her
    But not today, those are tears of joy runnin' down her face

She's somebody's hero
    A hero to her daughter in her wedding dress
    She gave her wings to leave the nest
    It hurts to let her baby go down the aisle she walks right by
    Looks back into her mother's eyes
    She's somebody's hero

Thirty years have flown right past
    Her daughters' starin' at all the photographs
    Of her mother, and she wishes she could be like that
    Oh, but she already is

She's somebody's hero
    A hero to her mother in a rockin' chair
    She runs a brush through her silver hair
    The envy of the nursing home
    She drops by every afternoon
    Feeds her mama with a spoon
    Her mother's smile lets her know
    She's somebody's hero

Imagine your kids singing that one to you... :D
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jan 14, 2006, 11:34 PM
    Crankie- 5 minutes would be 5 minutes too long without you. I lost my big brother to suicide when I was 13 years old. It took me 20 years to forgive him for leaving me, for leaving his wife a scared and lonely widow and 3 year old daughter fatherless and terribly sad, She's still sad to this day because that's the legacy he left her, sadness. For leaving my mother in so much pain she couldn't love me and share my moments of happiness without feeling guilty so she just didn't.

5 minutes is 5 minutes too long for you to even give this another thought.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 15, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Hey Crankie, Im sorry youfeel so down, we all go through very low points in our lives. I have just expirenced one aand I'm slowly crawling my way out of it. I hope everything works out okay, Ill keep you in my thoughts.

Hey I know a song how about " Sunshine on my Shoulders" (I think that's the name) by John Denver.
    You know : " Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happyeee"... Can't remember the rest.

Actually that make me feel worse, its too happy, ha, ha! Thought it was funny anyway. You know we are always here for support! We got you back,girl!:o :D ;)
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 15, 2006, 09:17 AM
    I fell for you crankie hope you get over it soon. I used to feel like that a lot about 6 months ago(still do sometimes) and like I'm trapped in a prison most of my mates live the other side of town and I only see then when I go to watch footie every other Saturday or at school. The rest of the time (especially summer/xmas holidays) I just feel like it would be better if I wasn't here but you have to try and look forward to something like I always look forward to Monday when I can get out of here.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 15, 2006, 09:49 AM
    whats a good non depressing song? please nothing scary.
    Try some of the old songs from the Judds, they are good to sing along with too and the kids will probably like them. I experience physical pain 24/7 and get relief through medication which makes me float, but also have mental pain due to the frustration of the physical, also the world is so messed up right now that it has to emotionally get to people, even though they try to hide it. You are not alone babe, this is happening a lot worldwide lately. There is even a new statistic that says that 13% of America's teens are suffering from depression and a higher suicide rate - so what does that tell you.
    I've also thought of going to sleep and not minding if I never wake up again, but then there is always someone or something that will get me back to a little feeling of joy, like this forum, and my daughter.

Please don't give up and you know that you can always talk to us any time about anything and we'll be here. My oncologist said that as long as I keep my sense of humor he feels confident that I'll be OK. If he only knew how much pain - but he does his best.

Love and best wishes, Chery

augustknight Posts: 83, Reputation: 31

Jan 15, 2006, 11:58 AM
    OK Crank, Here's the deal. I am bipolar among other things. When my kids where small I would have sold my soul for a day of normality, even an hour. I was always angry (more common in men than woman). If the phone rang I would answer by saying 'What the F do you want?'. Nice huh. I needed help but wouldn't admit it. That was 14 years ago. Today I still have the chemical imbalance that is outwardly known as depression. There is only one treatment that I know of and that's medication. It allows me to live a normal life. I work everyday, I enjoy my family but to be absolutely honest with you, I never really feel 'right'. For lack of a better word I will call it fatigue but it's more than just physical, sort of a flat feeling.
    One thing that I learned over the years is that my emotional state fluctuates a great deal. When I am down, I never make a decision about anything important. It is then 'I don't care' about anything, except extracating the demon from my body, that is the most dangerous time. But like the tides in the ocean, the tides in our bodies have highs and lows. Sooner or later it will be high tide again and time to assess the situation. Because, for me anyway, low tide always comes back.
    You can't go it alone. Find a good doctor and confide in a friend that is also affected. Believe me nobody has a clue as to how you feel except for someone that is in the same situation. I will help you in any way you feel comfortable with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search