Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    voli2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 09:17 PM
    4 month old crown is painful
    My dentist crowned tooth 29 4 months ago and did not do a root canal. I am now in pain. My dentist told me that I have an infection and prescribed CLINDAMYCIN 150mg and has scheduled me for a root canal on the crowned tooth. My am wondering why this has happened to a newly crowned tooth. Thank you
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 09:37 PM
    A crown without a root canal isn't uncommon...

As far as the infection, it has nothing to do with whether the crown is new. You could have gotten it the day you got the crown, it could have happened 10 years afterwards.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 05:20 AM
    ISneezeFunny is right. Teeth don't like to be worked on too much, if they could talk, they'd say "fix me right the first time". The more often a tooth is worked on it puts the nerve at risk of dying which can cause this kind of infection. Unfortunately, it does happen and a hole has to be drilled through the new crown in order to do the root canal. This will not put the new crown at risk, it will not need to be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown vs. Post crown [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having a problem with a dental office I recently began visiting. Two dentists are at the site (one is retiring) and one recommends one thing, then when I sit in the chair to get the work done the other dentist comes in and recommends something completely different. I am going to...

How can I ask my roommate to give 30 days notice on a month to month lease ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am3 months into a month to month agreement with my current roommate. We were in a 6 month lease together that has expired over 3 months ago. I am currently wanting to dissolve the relationship and go into a 12 month lease with our landlord on my own. I know she is not ready to vacate, but can I...

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

View more questions Search