Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    In Texas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Back Child Support Paid
    If back child support is paid and paid by the order date. What is the statue of limitations if any on interest ? Can the courts legaly come back years later and charge interest.If they didn't put it in the original orders?
    sunnyMI Posts: 62, Reputation: 7

Jan 24, 2008, 08:01 PM
    According to Texas Family Code (157.261), the State of Texas allows for interest to be charged on missed support payments. Interest accrues on the delinquent child support at the rate of 6% simple interest per year from the date support is delinquent. Payment considered delinquent if not received before the 31st day after payment due date.

Texas also allows interest to be charged on retroactive support. Interest accrues from the date the court order is rendered at the rate of 6% simple interest per year.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 02:33 PM
    It sounds like you may want to petition the courts on this one because courts have the authority to set aside a judgement of inclusion of interest or if your ex can agree on it. If you have been paying as court ordered then they may look in your favor.. either way you might need a lawyer to help you straighten it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back child support for adult child [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Texas collecting back child support through a child support collection agency for my two adult children. I admitted years ago to my ex-husband that one of the adult child may not be his but he never took the DNA test and could not get the other man to take the test. This summer I learned...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

35% on back child support? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it really 35% interest on back child support? How would you ever pay that off? If the parents were to take the issue back to court could they agree to change the amount owed? (of course both parents consenting)

Back child support [ 2 Answers ]

I owe 2 1/2 years back child support had not work file for ssdi,just won case expecting lump sum can childsupport take lump sum if what % i.e. 1-100%

View more questions Search