Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelfish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Belly Piercing
    I got my belly pierced in early Nov and now it has a bump at the top and bottom and they look red. It was bleeding last Friday when I woke up and it also feels like there is a hard lump in it. I went to the tattoo shop last night and they said it didn't look infected but it hurts really bad. Is it infected?
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jan 24, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Try putting pollysporin on it that's what my friend did for 2 weeks and it healed great
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Signs of infection are severe swelling (it almost looks like your skin is growing around the jewelry), severe redness, and a green or yellowish discharge that smells bad. If you have any of these symptoms an infection is possible and you should see your doctor.

As of right now it just sounds irritated. Have you done anything lately that would cause this irritation? Has it been injured? Overcleaned? Changed jewelry? And one more question, what are you cleaning it with?

I hope to hear back from you soon! :)
    angelfish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 12:51 PM
    I was holding a baby and he kicked it. I went to the doctor yesterday and they said I probably have an abscess and the took some of the pus that was coming out and gave me an antibiotic to take. She also told me to put hot compresses on it. I also realized that its not pierced in the right spot it more over my belly button than through it. If I let it close can I get it repierced in the right spot.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I'm glad you got some antibiotics. :)

If you let it close and heal fully, you should be able to get it re-pierced in the right spot as long as your scarring isn't too bad. If the scarring is too large, you may not be able to get it done again.

Good luck and I hope it heals up okay! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a studiop that will pierce my belly if I live in Leeds,England

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Self belly piercing. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I really want my navel pierced but my mum being my mum she said no I've got everything you would need to get it done lying about my room and I no how to serilise it etc My questions are, Should you go from top to bottom or bottom to top? How much forse should you apply on the needle to...

Belly piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced about 6yrs ago and have never had any problems with it but all of a sudden it has started to feel irritated and looks a bit red. I took it out for a few days gave everything a good clean but have just tried to put it back in and it has instantly got irritated and red...

Belly Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I just want to ask if the belly piercing causes cancer, because many people told me that it does since the belly is connected to our stomach and intestine! Thanks

View more questions Search