Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellasenora60 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2008, 06:14 PM
    I think I'm pregnant, and I'm 15 years old.
    My boyfriend and I have been sexually active since December now. My hormones have always been weird, I had percosious (sp?) puberty as a kid. My periods were so severe that I had to go on birth control, in both the quantity and pain. I now take some weird birth control that's expensive, and usually it's really nice, does exactly what I want it to. But the last time, I had only taken it maybe 2 or 3 days, maybe even one, and then had intercourse. My hormones are really weird, and sensitive, I mean we're careful, if we don't have protection he does not come inside of me, but I mean... I've seen it... it leaks... sorry for the visual but it does! And I've always been a skinny girl, and I've always been a very healthy eater, I mean I'm studying to become a nutritionist for gods sakes! But lately, I've had tons of junk food cravings, especially chocolate, and I always want snacks even when I'm not hungry at all. I get tons of headaches, and I sneeze a lot now... not to mention I'm so so bloated, it's hard for me to keep my stomach muscles in, and I work my abs EVERY DAY. I have trouble concentrating, and I have cried for insanely stupid reasons at least 4 days out of the week. I am so tired, I fall asleep during every class I'm in... I'm young... so my hormones are still pretty sensitive I guess... and I'm just babbling nervously now... but it looks like my birth control may have failed me considering they weren't for birth control at all, they might supposed to be working like that, but... is it possible? Please help,
    It will be grately appreciated, I'm just a scared kid, please be merciful, If you must critize me before you help me than go ahead, just help me
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Jan 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Um I don't know that much about pregnancy and I'm a guy so I also don't know any specifics on any of the stuff that your talking about

But your medicine thing could be making you like that, it could just be in your head since you are worrying about it so much, or you could be pregnant
    There isn't really a way to tell besides getting a pregnancy test or going to see a doctor

So I would suggest taking a pregnancy test and if it turns out your not then consult with a doctor if your problems don't go away

Good luck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Please understand that there is no form of birth control that is 100% effective aside from abstinence.

The symptoms you describe can be virtually ANYTHING.

Have you missed a period yet?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Yes, first pulling out is not a method, there is still sperm that is released from the early fluids.
    Also as noted there is no method 100 percent.

But without taking a test no one can know if you are or if you are not.

Jan 25, 2008, 04:07 AM
    All right... apparently I'm buying a test today... thanks guys, wish me luck! Rar..
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Jan 25, 2008, 10:27 PM
    good luck
    I hope it turns out how you want it
    and also that you don't have some horrible deadly disease
    ^_^
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jan 25, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Keep us posted on the test results. I hope for your sake that you aren't. Being pregnant at 15 would be difficult... to say the least.
    If you're not pregnant, it might be a good idea to talk to a doctor anyway, just to talk over some of the things you described - headaches, moodiness, tiredness etc. Maybe a different type of birth control pill could be beneficial for keeping your hormones balanced. And in future, as much protection as possible is a good idea. I'm not sure that sex at 15 is ideal... but you don't sound like a completely naïve child, so who am I to play the parent?

Good luck,

Kal
    Fiona92 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jan 26, 2008, 03:00 PM
    By the sounds of it you could just be getting your period soon everyone hormones are over the place when they get their period but be on the safe side I think you should take the test and if it comes positive (which I really hope it doesn't) then talk to your mam she might surprise you teenage perganies are pretty common these days and then just take dfay by day after that and see what you want to do.

Jan 27, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Test was negative! Break out the champagne!
    JdsEks07 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Lesson Learned --- I hope! Please understand this is sent without judgement of what is appropriate or inappropriate behavior. Definition of insanity: Repeating the same behavior expecting different results. DON'T BE INSANE! Save the champagne for your 21st birthday! Have a soda! Loll
    wolfcandy2 Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Or orange juice... lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Well you dodge the bullet this time, but if you haven't learned your lesson, and stop having sex, you'll be back here crying, and moaning, again next month. Abstinence is the only 100% birth control known to man, especially good for clueless youngsters, who THINK they know what they are doing.
    croysplace Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Wow I'm so happy for you . A child is nice to have but not till you're an adult .enjoy your youth... lots of luck and id just forget about sex , it creates to many problems for you since your only 15... later

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Pregnant after 3 years [ 1 Answers ]

Help. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for three years now. I had an abortion in 1996 but have had no issues since. I was on the pill from then until 2004. My husband had testing last fall and they determined that his sperm count is lower than average but ok, just doesn't have good...

16 years old and 14 weeks pregnant [ 28 Answers ]

I'm 16 and 14 weeks pregnant. My babies heart beat is 160. I don't know what is normal with pregnancy and something's are starting to scare me. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a lot of pain More lower back pain but I can' take a bath because it is hard for me to breath Just thought I'd ask for...

I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years [ 1 Answers ]

In January 2006 I got pregnant. But because I have had MR vaccine doctors advised me for abortion. After 6 months me and my husband tried for babies but to no avail. Now its been two months since I didn't have my periods and I even have some symptoms for pregnancy but urine and blood test shows BFN...

Over 2 years and not pregnant! [ 7 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and went off the pill 2 years and 3 months ago after having been on it for 3 years. My husband and I have been having unprotected sex ever since then and not once have I fallen pregnant. I do have PCOS but I am at a very healthy weight, I eat a low GI diet, and I exercise...

View more questions Search