Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dimitri06 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2006, 06:05 PM
    Adoption
    I am 14 years old and I am adopted. I get nervous when I talk about it. What should I do to not be so nervous?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Why do you get nervous?

In time it might become easier. Another option would be not to talk about it.

Your parents are not who share your DNA, but those who actually raise you, care for you, love you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Adoption
    Being adopted is great, your parents were not just stuck with the baby born to them, they picked you out, you are even more special than a baby born to a family.

Being adopted means that someone love you, the person they meet enough to bring them into their family

I was adopted when I was about 2 years old. My parents are the people who raised me and loved me enough to make me part of their family.

I will be glad to discuss anything about being adopted you want to, any time you want to.

Please feel free to private message me if you want to talk about anything you don't feel good about putting on open board. Also I don't always check back on these questons, since I am not home all the time. So let me know if you need anything at all.

But over time, you will become proud of the fact that you are more special than others whose parents were just stuck with what they got.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 12, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri06
    I am 14 years old and I am adopted. I get nervous when I talk about it. what should I do to not be so nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by dimitri06
    Can I hook up a camera? I Am 73 years old and I need help

Which one is it 14 or 73?:eek:
    dimitri06 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Truth
    Im really 14 I was just being stupid with the 73 year old stuff
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Being stupid
    Hi, Dimitri,
    At one time or another, most of us act "stupid" about one thing or another!
    I know I do, too.
    Most everyone here at this site spend a lot of time, wanting to help others, and I for one, accept your apology about the 73 yr old thing.
    Being nervous about the adoption thing is normal in most cases. You will overcome it in time. The more you talk about it, the better it will get, and you won't be as nervous.
    Your parents love you, and care for you. Maybe talking with them about it will also help. I do wish you good luck, and hang in there... it will get better!
    Also, if the subject doesn't come up in conversations with others, there isn't really any need to bring it up yourself.
    bskinner57 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2006, 10:25 AM
    I too am adopted. In time you will feel proud of that fact. I have known since I was little that I was adopted, I didn't always understand it, but did as I got older. My adoptive parents are my parents. As they told me growing up, son someday you will understand all the legalities we had to go through. It takes for than just a romp in the bed to be parents. The money they spend to get me was many times more than a normal birth would have cost at that time. Feel free to answer back, And hope this helps you in some way.
    exotic pet Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:57 AM
    For one I'm sorry that your adopted being adopted can really be hurtful and people don't like to talk about adoption so maybe you can write down things that are bothering you about being adopted and try to figure out how to handle them better or read some books on how to cope with being adopted

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was adopted 7 years ago with my twin. We were adopted from St.Petersburg, Russia and I really want to find my real Mom. I know that there might be a slight chance she could be dead because she was a serious heroin user. I am 16 and I feel like I am at a point in my life in which I am ready to...

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was adopted by a wonderful couple when I was only 3 months old. They never hid that from me and I am grateful. But 3 years ago I was contacted by my birth siblings. They are all nuts. I feel sorry for them. I was so lucky to have been placed in a loving home. I don't want them to call or come to...

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of a forum that deals with adoption law? Or can anyone here answer what I think is a simple question on the subject?

Adoption in Maryland [ 3 Answers ]

? I have a 12 year old daughter and am married. My daughter was born in Oklahoma and I didn't put the fathers name on the birth certificate. We now live in md and my husband wants to adopt her to make her legally his but we were told by a lawyer that even though the fathers name isn't on the...

View more questions Search