Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natalia2008 Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jan 24, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Ex Hubby in Jail possibly for homicide-
    Okay folks,

Ex hubby in jail facing charges for homicide!!

I herd that if he gets charged with homicide I get full custody if I ask for it!!
    Is this true..

Second. My current husband want to adopt?

How do I go about doing this. Should I jump the gun and file a petition while he is in there so that I can get full custody and then once I get full custody my husband can turn around and adopt her or does the jail bird need to still sign his rights even though I have full custody?

How do I go about doing all this.:p :D :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :) I live in Pennsylvania so if anyone knows the law here , please bless me with wisdom. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Just going to prison does not make them lose their rights. Also just being charged does not do anything, if he is convicted and sentenced then you have a better case. And having full custody does not mean that he loses his rights, but in jail, he can not use any of them. It also does not mean your new husband can adopt, that will still require a court case. Full custody is not the same has him losing all his rights and having permission to adopt, It may happen, but you will still need an attorney and file in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hubby and child [ 2 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my first born there is no name on the birth certifacate is there a way to put his name on it now??

How to get hubby to trust me again [ 4 Answers ]

I started a new job as a personal carer as I want to be a nurse. My husband wasn't comfortable with this as I have been a stay at home mum for the last 10 years.my first client happens to be a young male(34) my age who is in a wheel chair with brain damage from a car accident but still very aware...

Homicide totals 2006 for 100 major US cities? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the homicide totals in 2006 for the largest 100 major US cities, listed in order of danger?

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search