Ask
    crystalgeorgia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Why is ice an endothermic reaction
    Why is Ice an endothermic reaction?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 03:47 PM
    "Ice" is not a reaction, please try to re-state your question so that we can help.
    crystalgeorgia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Sorry
    Formation of Ice isn't it an endothermic reaction

Though by the endothermic reaction the process absorbs heat how can the formation of ice be called an endothermic reaction

Thanks
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Jan 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Your right, the formation of ice is not endothermic, it is also not a reaction.

General Chemistry Online: FAQ: Energy and chemical change: What are some examples of exothermic and endothermic processes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for a person to have an adverse reaction to tylenol with codeine? Could it be fatal? And if so is there any other known cases? These questions mainly focus on codeine and is not overdose.

Consider the reaction [ 1 Answers ]

hi every one this my qustiong I hope find the answer Consider the reaction ca(oh)2(s)----->cao(s)+h2o(l) with enthalpy of reaction ΔHrxn =65kj/mol

Reaction Kinetics: Orders of Reaction. [ 2 Answers ]

I don't mean to be anal about this but I've recently stumbled upon this topic over the holidays and I'm thoroughly interested. What I fail to understand is Order's of Reactions with respect to & . Can someone give me a well concise explanation of this with a good example, say the decomposition...

Endothermic vs. Exothermic [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, Is the decomposition of gaseous dinitrogen pentoxide to gaseous nitrogen dioxide and oxygen exothermic or endothermic? Thanks!

Ice and salt; endothermic reaction [ 1 Answers ]

I know that Ice and salt undergo an endothermic reaction but I don't understand how. What is absorbing the heat? How is an endothermic reation occurring if and actual reaction is not? Salt and ice form a mixture.

View more questions Search