Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandingo5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Annoying ads
    Hi! Do anyone know of a good,honest(free)ad blocker out there, I did have PC guard with virgin media good for the ads but not good in virus or spyware detection :mad: so I removed it and changed to mcafee total protection but it don't do ads:eek: so if you know of a good ad blocker it would make reading less stressful thanks! :)
    charliec Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Jan 24, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Ad aware is good and free.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I would not download from the link above -- This is the correct site

Ad-Aware @ Lavasoft - The Original Anti-Spyware Company - Lavasoft

You never know what you're getting -- Some sites may download malware
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Ad-Aware does not block ads.

I recommend using Firefox with the AdBlock Plus add-on.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 24, 2008, 06:39 PM
    I also recommend running SpyBot S&D; it catches things missed by AdAware (and vice versa). AdAware and Spybot do not block valid popups by valid advertisers, true, but they can prevent your PC from getting spyware/adware infections that generate popups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying Neighbors! [ 27 Answers ]

Ok, at first my husband thought it was my imagination. My neighbors that live right next door do exactly as I do every year! The curtains, I get hardwood floors, they get it a week later, same wreaths at christmas, this week I put out certain topiaries a certain way on the porch then they go and...

Annoying me. [ 3 Answers ]

I remember this song form a while ago. And the video for it is like... A forest and all the animals come out. And then they rock out and it turns dark and all the animals run away. Lol. I might sound nuts. But its not no disney song. It's a "pop" or "rock" song. I don't know. It used to...

Riddle it's annoying [ 20 Answers ]

I need help with this riddle What is at the beginning of heaven and hell??

Annoying neighbors [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lab/pit mix that is 2yrs old. She is a very friendly dog, she stays in a fenced in yard during the day while myself and my husband are at work. Last week, we had this new couple move in next door. And now everyday when we get home there are new "toys" in our yard. So they keep throwing...

Annoying [ 3 Answers ]

How do you repair your msn messenger. I have a problem where this thing called msn block cheaker keeps on poppin up constently not letting me talk to my other contacts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me what can I do I've tried everything:mad:

View more questions Search