Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrserenity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Wife won't change child's last name to Mine?
    Hi, my wife won't change her last name or my daughter's last name to mine. Her excuse is that for her to change her last name it would be difficult because she has a business. I believe it is incorporated. She owns 2 houses that she rents out. Her excuse for not changing my daughter's is that during the time she was born we had problems and I was not at the hospital. Also, she has an older son (10) and she doesn't want him feeling left out. However, what's ironic is that he has his father's last name (who is deceased). So, I'm like why my daughter can't have mine. I was raised that a man's wife and child should have his last name. And this is causing a seriously problem in my marriage. I feel very disrespected. I feel if she loved me then what is the problem. What would you do in this situation? Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
    As for your wife, you are a bit old fashioned there. Frequently woman, especially those in the business world, will keep their maiden name for continuity.

But your daughter is another matter. Are you listed on the birth certitifcate? What's her name according to the because?
    Mrserenity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 01:55 PM
    At the time my daughter was born we were having problems and I wasn't present for the birth of my daughter. And at the time we were not married. After a paternity test my name was added. We had some problems when we were dating. However, we worked them out and got married. We decided to put every thing behind us and start new. When we got married she promise to change my daughter's last name to mine.
    alyssarox32 Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Maybe you can combine both last names? That way, both of you will be happy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing my child's name [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how I can go about changing my son's name. He's 4 months old. And I made the HUGE mistake of naming him after his "father". His "father" isn't around and never comes to see him. I don't want my son to be named after such a irresponsible loser. What are the steps I need to make?

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

Can you change your mine about a lease if you never moved in [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I was going to rent a townhome but the landlord stated she would make repairs and clean unit before our moving date. Upon the move in date such repairs weren't done. Unit was filfthy and in the exact condition as if the last tenant had just moved. Landlord then refused to clean the...

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

Minor child's last name change parents never married both last names on Birth certifi [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 10 and I need to know how to change her last name. Both last names of the parent and non custodial parents last names are on the Birth certificate (hyphenated) but she only uses one name, however schools she attends uses both with the non custodial parents last name first. She...

View more questions Search