Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stressless Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 09:01 AM
    How to clear paper jam indication
    Hi everyone... I read that there are a number of printer experts on this forum so here goes...
    I had a paper jam... I cleared it... but the indication of paper jam would not go away... and as long as it would not go away... the printer would not print... the printer is a HP deskjet D1320... very simple little printer... up to this time... I have had no complaints.
    How do I get rid of the paper jam notification.
    My next is to download printer driver to see if a new driver would solve my problem.
    Thoughts on this problem please.

Stressless:D
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 09:12 AM
    first, make sure it's entirely cleared. If there's a opening in the back, open it and double check. If it's completely cleared, and you're sure, either hold the FEED button or the CANCEL (X) button.
    stressless Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 09:58 AM
    I'm still looking for the FEED button and the CLEAR button. Neither of these are relative to deskjet D1320. Is this strictly a software indication?. what am I missing?

stressless
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 10:20 AM
    I just took a look at the d1320. You're right... I don't see a button for either one. Could you potentially turn it off and turn it back on? I guess... you could unplug/replug?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Hi,

Senseless, change your handle, please. You have already shown excellent levels of "Sense" by posting here. We welcome you!

To begin with, a "Clear jam message" does not necessarily mean the jam is where the printer thinks it is. The logic charts on these sensor are timed to the leading edge of the paper as it moves trough designed paper path. If the leading edge doe not get to the sensor and the sensor flag does not react, you get a paper jam message.

Normal person says, open cover, remove paper and we are happy! That's a person, not a block of wires and other stuff. The stuff says, flag is still not working, still have paper jam.

My suggestion is to start at the beginning of the paper path, make sure that you are trying to print from the drawer or hopper that does actually have paper in it. Verify that the paper is loaded properly. Now move to the next test point, open the cover, verify whether there is paper, if not, move to the next test station. Make sure the entire path is clear. Close the covers, power on the printer, print a stand-alone printer menu or test page. If it works, Extend your arms, close your eyes and here' a metaphorical hug for you.

If it does not, please add what happened, what you found back to this issue. Please do not open a new issue. "Bon Chance!"
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 10:50 AM
    He's... stressless. Not senseless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen Pipes Indication [ 3 Answers ]

What are the indications that your pipes are frozen before they burst and after?

Canon MP600 says no paper when there is paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying tp print from Canon MP600 but get message "there is no paper. load paper and press OK" There is paper in feeder - any idea of what solution might be ? Thanks

Trying to fall pregnant:could spotting be an indication of ovulation? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Hope someone can answer my question or at least give me some good advice! I went off contraception about 5 months ago and thought my periods were pretty regular (with 28-30 days between them). Then last month about 14 days after I started my period, I started spotting. It wasn't anything like...

Clear urine but yellow paper [ 5 Answers ]

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and when she goes to the bathroom her urine is clear but when she wipes it is really yellow. What could that be?

Vatican paper set to clear Knights Templar [ 9 Answers ]

The new book is based on a scrap of parchment discovered in the Vatican's secret archives in 2001 by Professor Barbara Frale. The long-lost document is a record of the trial of the Templars before Pope Clement, and ends with a papal absolution from all heresies. Also follow this link: Knights...

View more questions Search