Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yuffie Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Validate characters such as % ' "
    Hi, I'm having a problem with validating characters in a textbox on the event of key pressed.
    I need to validate that the user's input is not % ' " ? or !
    and im having a problem validating password type textbox too.

the methods i tried are by using e.keychar and Asc(e.keychar)
    none of them are working. if i used that to validate character '
    it's working, but it's not working for other characters. i guess it's because for other characters, you have to press Shift + something to get it.

does anyone know how to do this?

oh, and does anyone know how to display " in vb2005? Cause the string in vb 2005 is marked by ". so when i type " it'll just end the string. Thanks a lot :)
    yuffie Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Opps.. turned out I used the wrong connector for the If clause..
    I was using And, where it was supposed to be Or
    Hehehe :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I validate a debt after being served with a lawsuit from a credit card company? [ 11 Answers ]

I am being sued by Capital One bank because I defaulted on a credit card. I have received intermittant letters from different collection agencies regarding this account. I didn't know anything about validation of debt. Anyway, my husband got a call from a collection agency saying they were...

Fantasy Movie, elflike characters, character name "Kira" [ 4 Answers ]

I can remember seeing a movie that had elflike characters, and maybe a character that resembled a "Blob" (kinda like a snowman shape, but with maybe elephant skin). I remember a forest like setting, dark, very green, foggy. One of the characters names was "KIRA". It had to be late 70's or early...

Validate the total tax for employer in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I asked a question regarding employer tax. Employer says that he pays additional 3.3% of the gross salary as NJ SUI So what he says is that per year he pays 6.2% (SS Tax) + 1.45 %(Medicare Tax) + 3.2% (NJ SUI) Which makes 10.85% tax from the employer for the wages he pays to the...

Validate a form [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone send me the java script codes for validating a form when the user has fill it completely. If evrything is validated and the user clicks on the submit button, a new window should open confirming all entries made on the previous form. If the user don't fill everything he won't be able...

View more questions Search