Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acannavo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Are state unemployment taxes owed?
    My company pays a small salary to one of the two shareholders of the corporation. This individual resides in Alabama and is otherwise retired. What are our unemployment tax obligations?
    fhoss3634 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Yes. For your state, the earnings are taxed up to the state limit. Let's say your employee made 5,000.00 for the year and the state limit is 8,000.00 so the taxes would be 5,000.00 x your unemployment rate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
    If this is a salary, then it is pay, so all taxes need to be withheld, and the company part of the medicare tax and unemployment would all need to be paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amount owed larger than small claims in my state [ 2 Answers ]

I understand in my state that small claims court handles only up to $5,000. My boyfriend and I were planning a life together and were to get married when I found a job near his home. In the meantime, he began to remodel his home to accommodate me and my children. Since I felt this remodeling was...

Owed taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the process of attempting to take care of all my tax issues and was told that I may possibly owe approximately $18,000.00 from 2003 due to capital gains what should I do there is no way I could pay that

View more questions Search