Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralphr08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:05 AM
    10 questions about fingerprints
    1.What is a fingerprint?
    2. How do you fingerprint someone?
    3. What are the different types of prints?
    4. How do you classify a fingerprint?
    5. If you don't want your finger prints on something what do you wear to cover them up?
    6. How accurate are fingerprint test?
    7. Have you ever made a mistake fingerprinting anyone?
    8. What are some statistics about fingerprinting?
    9. Do you recommend fingerprinting children?
    10. Are footprints as useful as fingerprints?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Is this homework?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2008, 07:11 AM
    1. C'mon do you really not know the answer to this?
    2. Have you never watched someone being fingerprinted on a crime show?
    3. Types?
    4. According to the pattern
    5. Umm, you planning on breaking the law?
    6. Depends on how good the print is. Fingerprint matching is very accurate if there is a good print to match.
    7. Not I, but then I've never tried.
    8. Try fbi.gov
    9. It's a good idea
    10. For infants, yes.
    ralphr08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:12 AM
    For a news paper article.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphr08
    for a news paper article.
    You are writing a newspaper article and you don't know how to do research? Where did you get your journalism degree or previous experience?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Fingerprint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.What is a fingerprint?
    A system of lines that make up ridges and grooves that show a distint pattern that is unique to each individual. In addition to the actual print ( which is transformed into a number code, when doing a complete set , right and left hand, it includes a coding system for the entire grouping

2. How do you fingerprint someone?
    There are two basic methods, the older system using a "ink" substande that the finger is rolled on, and then the finger is gently rolled into the paper or card stock. The newer methods use a scanner where the finger and/or hand is placed on a screen and the computer scans the print.

3. What are the different types of prints?
    Each finger has its own specific print, and the absence of a finger is a noted entry into a finger print classification

4. How do you classify a fingerprint?
    By counting specific ridges and patterns in each print, most are done by computers now, and only after the computer finds a match, that a person verifies that match

5. If you don't want your finger prints on something what do you wear to cover them up?
    Gloves, of course, but as for the actual finger, you can burn it off with acid but then that new disfigurement would be a new print pattern of itself, so you would not gain anything

6. How accurate are fingerprint test?
    They are always subject to the readers ability, but they are accepted as 100 percent accurate by all US courts

7. Have you ever made a mistake fingerprinting anyone?
    Not a mistake, but with the older ink method, there are sometimes blurrs or areas not printed well, if you don't double check a print card may not always be 100 percent readable The new computer scanners will not allow that to happen

8. What are some statistics about fingerprinting?
    Not sure what you want

9. Do you recommend fingerprinting children?
    Yes, it provides a method of identification, I also feel that a child's DNA record should be keep for ID purpose if needed.

10. Are footprints as useful as fingerprints?
    No, since that is not a normal method of ID.
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 24, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Chuck you just wrote some kids assignment for school my love,

1.What is a fingerprint?
    A system of lines that make up ridges and grooves that show a distint pattern that is unique to each individual. In addition to the actual print ( which is transformed into a number code, when doing a complete set , right and left hand, it includes a coding system for the entire grouping
    Love this answer you make me laugh so witty.
    Hope he gets a good mark!!
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Just can't see fingerprinting being in a school assignment, perhaps car theft 101, or breaking and entering for the mentally challenged.

Guess it could be a criminal justice college class, but would hope that a college student would know to open their text book and the answer would be right there.

Of course they missed the better parts, like it is harder to fingerprint someone who is trying to kick you and hit you, and you have one of them hands hand cuffed while trying to old their other hand still. So a lot harder when they are covered with human waste and smell like a toilet. Or if they are spitting at you. That makes taking a fingerprint a real sport.
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 24, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Sounds Like My Job A Mom To A 4 Year Old. To Bad You Could Not Sedate Them.
    I Was Talking To A Officer Yesterday At The Morgue. He Is New And He Is On Fingerprinting Because He Is The Newbe And He Can't Handle The Smell Of Some Of The Guys That Come In. He Said It Is Torture. I Told Him To Meet Me At The Funeral Home Where I Gave Him So Liquid Smell The Stuff You Put Under Your Nose For De Comp. He Came So Now He Is One Up On The Rest Of The Boys.
    Funny You Never Know What Someone's Job Is Like Do You!!
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Yes, we were so glad when they put the hard plastic seats into the cars and the plastic sheld. Then we could just take a pressure washer and wash the inside out ( it had a drain plug in the floor board.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having fingerprints erased from FBI database [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question that I need answered. I have been applying at airlines to be a flight attendant. After 9-11 all airlines are required to complete FBI background checks. Well every time I interview at airlines I have to put on the application that I committed a crime because the...

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Re taking of fingerprints for adoption in Guangzhou China [ 2 Answers ]

I had to retake my fingerprints due to the electronic ones being rejected. Who:confused: at the FBI in Washington DC is the person that reviews the prints. We are currently stuck in Guangzhou China and can not obtain our child's visa without the approval of the fingerprints. They were taken on...

Help! Fingerprints on illegal drugs are mine! [ 31 Answers ]

I attended a party at an apartment complex about two weeks ago. The day after the party someone who lives in the apartments discovered a small black 35mm film canister on the ground under some hedges. It contained a small amount of meth split up in 2-3 small baggies. When I say small amount I am...

Fingerprints [ 3 Answers ]

I work part time for a food service and from washing dishes to accidental burns, it's not too good for my hands. Out of my ten fingers I only have two fingerprints left. The rest are completely smooth but wrinkly. :-/ My question is, will they come back? I miss being able to effectively turn a...

View more questions Search